You ..ARE NOT.. a true christian, if you don't believe Jesus IS God!

by gumby 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wednesday
    wednesday

One thing the WTS has said i agree with, "religion is a racket and a snare" Sigh

Good reading"The Battle For God" Karen Armstrong

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Enjoyed many of the posts here on this thread. Christianity certainly is a fascinating subject. As time goes on I am sensing that fundamental Christianity is a group mental disorder. People stuck in a severe survival mode were in their fear of death is paramount yet camouflaged behind a screen of koom-by-ya as to numb them to the malevolent nature of their beliefs. Sadly, there is a group of people that would continue to revere, honor and "love" a god that killed every other man women and child on earth, if it meant saving their own ass. Like many on this board, my heart will not allow me to identify and embrace such a repugnant creature (concept of God). The is why I am no longer a Witness or harbor beliefs in disgusting little anthropomorphic deities. If there is such a god that has a need to kill even one human being that others will fear and worship him/it, then let it be me; because I would rather be dead than live within the stink of such a thing. j

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

The part I have never been able to make any sense of is the central "he died for our sins" part. What???

However, when I think about it in terms of "this is the kind of universe we live in and we just have to accept it," then I can begin to understand people's adherance to doctrine. But then I can't understand the proselityzing. Well, I guess I can. You don't want to feel that you might have it wrong and be making all these sacrifices for nothing, so you want to bring others to acceptance of the truth, no matter how awful it is.

If I were a religious person, I think I would do best with the multi-god religions. Or at least any religion that didn't expect me to swallow that God is both all-loving and vengeful and petty as hell.

Be that as it may, Merry Christmas!

(I'm typing on someone else's computer--it is so nice to be able to format!)

• heathen
    heathen

Let's not forget how kirk dies here . It was all that bungeling idiot of a captain peckards fault. I hated the next gerneration but at least they made some pretty good movies .

I think what says it best about jesus divinity is the king of kings and lord of lords part of the bible .

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Just bear in mind that some of us DO believe in Jesus, guys.
    Tolerance cuts both ways, ya know!

Especially at this time of the year, it might be a nice sentiment - peace on earth and goodwill to ALL men (and women), and all that, y'know?

Merry Crimble to ya's...

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Heathen: LOL!!

• heathen
    heathen

Little Toe-- I think it's peace on earth among men of good will . As stated in the NWT.

• avishai
    avishai
    I, on the other hand, am a reformed trekkie, and follower of Captain Pickard

No way. Janeway was hot AND she kicked ass!!.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gretchin

The nice loving, miracle working, saving jesus is a positive image that helps born againers attain an altered mind state through singing, praying, praising, chanting and speaking in tongues. What i grew tired of was coming down off it. There are other ways to get a more stable uplift, like some forms of meditation.

SS

• lurk
    lurk
    No way. Janeway was hot AND she kicked ass!!.

the captians go in this order

janeway

captain picard

the first captain (what was his name?)

that wiggy medalion man ...jim kirk

and lastly the new (and sickenly pink and fluffy ) pc man ..the new captain on enterprise (what ahve they done to that show?) ..as as for trip he reminds me of george bush

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit