Holidays are a hard time for some...

by Billygoat 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jade
    Jade

(((((Andi))))
    ((((Jerry)))) I've officially adopted you as my older brother! I hope Roo and Jade don't mind having a 7th Japanese sibling. Would your father mind?

Of course we wouldn't mind. I am thankful too for having Jerry in my life, he's the best!!! If it weren't for him, I might still be in dubdom. Merry Christmas to you and Mozzer.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

(((Andi)))

I can relate to the mixed feelings during the holidays. Other than my son, I am alone in this world. I'm an only child and my parents and grandparents have past. Every other Christmas my son is with his Dad. That's this year. My son is here now and we just finished opening presents so that he will have the opportunity to enjoy them before I take him to his grandparents' home on Christmas morning. I will drop him off at a home full of a family I was once a part of and then make the long drive home to an empty apartment.

It's been a rough time these last few months. I lost my job due to layoffs. The electricity was turned off at one point. I'm getting further behind on payments on everything. The severance package is gone and no one is looking at my resume. My personal life has been a rolloer coaster of late. But I still have hope. I've been through bad times before and survived and by the gods I'll do it again.

I, too, have much to be thankful for at this time. I have my son. My beautiful, smart, kind, funny, wonderful boy. I have the wonderful people here on the board...both those I've been fortunate enough to met and even those I haven't yet. I have my health. I have the son in the morning and the moon at night. (sorry...I was starting to tear up and I had to break the mood)

May the blessings of the seasons be with you all

Lisa

• Carmel
    Carmel

Our gift giving time is in late February, early March, so Christmas is pretty ho hum, even though we end up getting gifts for those in the family that are Christians. The food is still there to be consumed with delight!

carmel

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

(((((((((((Andi)))))))))))

Dont forget we have adopted you. No one can replace what you lost and long for. But I am so proud that you appreciate what you have. You are going to be Ok, Andi.

Steve

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

((((( Lisa )))))

Do I need to come over and give you a "cheering up" spanking?

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((((Andi)))))))))))

When you get done with all the rest of your adopted families in the south- you are welcome to join mine up north any time !! We are kinda whacky and laugh alot but you'll fit right in !!

Much love to you and Mozzer this holiday season !!!

xw

• Solace
    Solace

((((((Andi))))))

You are always so thoughtful.

Wishing you & your family a Merry Christmas & great New Year.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Curly Toes -

You say the sweetest things.

Lisa

• alias
    alias

Nice thoughts, Andi. :)

• bebu
    bebu

((((Andi)))))

I send you my best wishes, and pray God grants you a special joy that more than compensates for the losses you have. He is your Father, and won't send you off.

Mushy Christmas greetings to you and your good hubby.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit