Am I being unreasonable with my pimo boyfriend?

by Addison0998 25 Replies latest social relationships

• Half banana
    Half banana
    you guys can leave and be boyfriend and girlfriend (outside the religion) for a while and see how that is.

What a good point mentalclarity

• steve2
    steve2

Oh for goodness sake give your boyfriend a break. In any relationship there are often differences in interests and abilities. Some partners/spouses are drawn to research, reading and critical thinking whereas others are not. There is nothing wrong with that. That is just the way it is.

My concern would be that even before marriage you are questioning his way of being in the world (listening but not inclined to go digging around himself).

Thank your lucky stars that he agree with you! It would be an entirely different ball game if he didn't.

• Perry
    Perry

There are 4 basic types of personalities. Everyone has a dominant and a lesser one. And small amounts of the other two usually.

Please take the time to learn about each and how each achieves goals and reacts to various things. Only then will you know how to understand yourself and others. You will know if someone (or yourself) is reacting according to the way the personality type perceives things or if it is indeed some sort of maladaptive reaction, or lack therof.

I highly recommend taking a weekend seminar from danijohnson.com

I have been to a least a half dozen. Simply invaluable.

• TD
    TD

Oh for goodness sake give your boyfriend a break. In any relationship there are often differences in interests and abilities.

^^^This^^^

Those of us who discuss and dissect JW issues are fairly atypical.

Many xJW's prefer to simply forget about the whole thing.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

If you say that he no longer believes in God then it is likely that he has no desire to research religious or doctrinal points. To him it is all made up nonsense, so it really doesn't matter.

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

My advice would be to leave the org behind as soon as you are able to live independently from your parents and not try to create the facade of believing.

If you can’t be honest with your family what kind of a relationship will you really have with them anyway? Even if they think you’re just inactive they will constantly bug you about “coming back to Jehovah,” and down the line if you have kids they are going to do their damndest to indoctrinate your children. Also in my opinion if your boyfriend can’t do his own research and come to his own conclusions then there is no guarantee he won’t be swayed back into the religion be some elder spinning a logical fallacy that your boyfriend isn’t trained to look for. I’m not gonna lie, it’s not an easy path and you’re going to miss your family at times, but I don’t believe you’ll never be happy if you have to hide your authentic self from people close to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit