We gave them our letters of DA

by Redneckgurl 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

Well, I guess it will be official very soon, the announcement will be read and we will be "lost" into Satan's world.. My family will be crying together along with the congregation of people I have known for the last 20 years. Geez, to think I might really be thought of for a minute or two! LOL

My husband gave our letters to the elder who came to visit us with his wife the other day. This is the 3rd time they came by in the last month, even after he told them he would call them if we wanted to "talk". They saw the Christmas tree shining through the door, brightly lit, so there could be no question that we had already taken some steps away.......but he still stayed for an hour trying to convince my husband that it was the "truth".

Later that day my parents came over (I wasn't here) and he said my mom just looked at our Christmas decorations with jealousy in her eyes. I figured she was wondering why we had a fake tree, and not a real one, something she made an issue of when I was a kid. They still don't know about our letters, they were being to argumentative while here to tell them.

Basically, anyone I have given my reasons for leaving to, have all come back with the same things "it's a bunch of lies by apostates" and "you need to wait on Jehovah to see if there are going to be changes" and "the light keeps getting brighter, that's why there are changes in the WT" and "this world is spinning out of control and crashing upon itself, you have been caught up in it"..... that was the most hilarious one so far! I am really not moving that fast that I can feel anyway.........

My kids are loving Christmas, and just being like the other kids, happy and celebrating life. Enjoying it!

My oldest is a basket case, breaking into tears, not knowing if he will go to heaven or not, and thinking that if we just did all the good JW things, he knows then that he wouldn't die because they make sure to not do anything bad......I had to start showing him how they really don't focus enough on Jesus like some other religions do, and that could be very serious. Poor kid, I think he needs some counseling, my parents have him feeling so guilty.. I hate that! I feel like I can't even let him go to their house anymore to see them because he will be torn apart again.

Thanks for being here to listen to me.

Redneckgurl,,,,,,,,,Krissy

• morty
    morty

((((((((((((((((Redneckgirl & Family)))))))))))))))

Welcome to your new journey.....

Merry Christmas to you and your family...Christmas Tree

Morty

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have just sent you a PM

(((to all your family)))

LL

• Nikita
    Nikita

((((((((((((((Krissy))))))))))))))))

Nikita

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Happy Holidays! I'm sure things are already looking up for you!

CountryGuy

• avishai
    avishai

(((RNG & family)))

"you need to wait on Jehovah to see if there are going to be changes" and "the light keeps getting brighter, that's why there are changes in the WT" "

This is true, actually, the light keeps on getting brighter to bring out their falsehoods. I don't see any changes, though. Even in the non-reporting of child abuse, except now reporting it to the police is a "conscience matter" rather than a DFing offense.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

RNG: I wish you the very best.

I'm sure, as you already know, things are going to change.

For you and your family, eventually, for the better.

The adjustment will be a bit tough on JW believing family members.

But nonetheless, show them you can not only do it: live happily, but stay that way.

I think it is wise, if and when possible, to seek counselling for your eldest one.

That was thoughtful. I wish you the very best.

Enjoy the holidays.

Best to you and your family.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

RNG,

Congratulations on having the courage to do what you needed to do. I wanted to make a comment about your oldest son. My parents left the organization when I was in my early teens, and in response I started to take the meetings seriously, got baptized, and stayed in for another 10 years. (For those of you wondering how this jives with my earlier posts, my mom subsequently came back in.)

So I just wanted to suggest that you take extra special care with your son - I'd hate for him to pull a SeattleNiceGuy and spend 10 years learning that his parents were right.

SNG

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((((((( redneckgirl and family))))))))

My hubby and I just D/A ourselves over the phone in 3 minutes flat , that was it,,,,,,,all the 30 something years, hubby being an elder and pioneer , over and done with so fast. They didnt even try to stop us, when I got on the phone, they didnt ask if I was sure, was there anything they could do to help me,,,,,,,they actually seemed relieved to not have to meet with us.

It was hard to do, but damn........... the FREEDOM!!!!!!!!

It took me many months to stop crying over losing my religion and my God, my life as it was.

My oldest son was 14, and when we sat down to tell him all the reason we decided to stop being witnesses,,,,,,,,,,he said,,,,,,,it's about time!!!!! He had it figured out long before I did that is for sure. He felt it was wrong, but went along because it was our life and it was all any of us had known. He got very depressed durning the year before we d/a, because we lived in a small town and he had no friends in the congregation even a decade close to his age. He was lonely and was ready to start being a normal teenager.

He always had friends in our neighborhood he grew up with and played with but always had to explain to the elders that they were " bible students " of his , and he felt guilt. There were many kids in our neighborhood that went to meetings regularly because they loved Jake so much. Plus a treat at Mc'Ds afterwards was worth it to them.

My youngest son had the armeggedon dreams , wondering if Jehovah still loved us , where do we go when we die,etc. etc. But a year later he is over all of that and now believes that there just might be a heaven. I let him believe as he wants to and I just say , I am not sure, but I am sure whatever is out there God loves you and He will take care of all of us. I still want to believe that.

I promise redneckgirl, in time the kids will adjust and so will you , just take the time you need and all the questions of life, death and the whole universe, we may never know. That for me was the hardest thing,,,,,,,,,,,just admitting that I may never know.

I live my life as if this is all there is,,,,,,,if there is more that will be great, if not I want to live a good life and give my kids the best, especially an open mind but a cautious one of cults.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

While there is loss and some pain....I'd like to welcome you to LIFE.

A life of your own choosing, A life filled with discovery, joy and new friends.

We wish you and your true family a safe and FREE holiday season and a new year filled with love.

RGW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit