We gave them our letters of DA

by Redneckgurl 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

To Everyone:

THANK YOU! I can tell some of you can really understand my pain for my son, and you all understand the freedom and joy that I am feeling, the burdens of guilt being lifted, finally, off of me. That isn't to say I don't think we should feel any guilt, after all, that is what we have a conscience for!

My kids are 7,8, and 12, the oldest being super smart and way beyond his years. I read to him something I found the other day about Libra's, that is what he and I both are (if you believe in that stuff) It talked about Libras being very intuitive, that we can tell truth from lies and go with our intuition about things and are usually right. I told him that was us, and I feel in my heart that something isn't right about JW's and he should listen to his heart, too. He is a lot like me, trying to "straddle both sides of the fence" as they put it, having friends in the world, getting involved in sports, activities at school, etc., and I know he would never want to give all that up for a miserable life.

My mom came over today, just to say HI, and I could see her looking around at my Xmas stuff, I know it was hard for her, but she didn't say anything about it. My daughter showed her a Bday present she got the other day, and my mom didn't say anything about that either. Who knows, maybe she is thinking. My dad is an elder, though, and really they don't have any life out of the JW world, so for her, it would be much harder to leave. I will just keep hoping there is doubt in her heart, she is the one who put so much of it in mine anyway. She has never been happy with things.

Well, thanks again, and Happy Holidays to everyone, enjoy all the fun stuff right now!

Krissy

• titomunoz
    titomunoz

Why did you give them DA letters? It was not a necessary step since your baptism was before 1985. Had you simply continued as you are, there would not be an announcement, you avoid formal shunning, and your children would not experience the turmoil and other negative emotions they are going through. Take time to review these two Watchtower articles and see how the earlier one applies to you. May 1, 1973 page 290, June 1, 1985 page 30, the earlier baptism was to Jehovah God by means of Jesus Christ and his holy spirit, post 1985 is a baptism to Jehovah?s Witnesses and their organization. Best Wishes, Tito Muñoz

• garybuss
    garybuss

I don't get it tito, the book sellers started to shun me in 1992 and I had not written any letter nor was I disfellowshipped that I am aware of. Your post makes no sense to me at all. Are you from planet earth?

• titomunoz
    titomunoz

Garybus, it worked for me. After years of slaving as elder, pioneer, circuit assblies, etc., I stepped down and refused to give them the satisfaction of making any announcement about my family or myself. Maybe threatening them with a lawsuit helped them to leave me alone. No one has shunned us or even made us feel unwelcome at any place, time or activity. I used those two articles as reference and it made my point.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

((((((((((((Redneckgirl & Fam))))))))))))) So happy for yall!

This post (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/57203/1.ashx) has some really good info for yall to consider in the "aftermath" of yall's deborganizing re: the affects on you and your family.....Please, strongly consider getting your son some counseling post haste....he definitely needs some unbiased input, since he probably feels torn between what he's been taught to believe and the fam members still in the borg and yall.

My heart goes out to yall, cher!

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit