Ozzie's Weekend Poll #77

by ozziepost 28 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

I pinned it on in the morning so when we went to the donut/coffee shop on the way to fill up the thermos, I might have the opportunity to witness. (Usually something nice happened). Then we took our badges off when we got home...yes, we went to dinner and wore them. When I was with Japanese delegates, they wore them on every outing we took them too. We even ran into more delegates at some of the same "malls" and parks we went to. I tried to follow the given directions. Really, nothing bad ever happened. I was not dying to get out. My eyes didn't really open until I got df'd.

Nerd

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

#2... I thought that wearing them while going out to dinner was rather dorky, although I felt slightly guilty for not doing it.

• freelife
    freelife

as soon as i got in my car it was gone. along with my dress cloths.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

LOL Ozziepost, you always come up with good weekend polls.

Sheeesh, those little cheap plastic badges, that tore holes in whatever I wore. But I was a true believer and wore them until I got home. I even saw others display magazines in their windows or the NWT on the way to the convention and we would wave. lol what a cult.

hugs,

j2bf

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    as soon as i got in my car it was gone. along with my dress cloths.

Wow, freelife... didn't you ever get pulled over for driving in your underwear?

• Soledad
    Soledad

I only wore mine the first day of the assembly. then I would misplace it.

• copsec
    copsec

Never wore one, couldn't pay me to wear one

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Do you remember seeing witnesses who lost the card part of the badge and just had the plastic shell with the twisted metal thingie? It us to look funny because they didn't even know they lost the card! Then you had the "smarter" witnesses who put scotch tape on either side of the badge to keep the 2 cent card in the badge.

Damn if you do and damn if you don't.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Anyone remember when they changed food service from a fixed price to a suggested contribution, and you had to have a badge to get food? Now that sucked.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    . I even saw others display magazines in their windows or the NWT on the way to the convention and we would wave

LOL We would be driving down the hwy, and if we someone in a suit we would pull up and see if they were witnesses or not. Then wave and they would wave back. To see someone else on the way to the convention, always made me feel so not alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit