Ozzie's Weekend Poll #77

by ozziepost 28 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

Mine was off, as soon as I walked out the doors....and so were the pantyhose and high heels..Stilts

morty

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

what an obedient little teenage dub (forgot the letter 'm' there).

Wore the damn thing, going to, during, and leaving the assembly.

What a hoser I was.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Yeah, my family was the type that anywhere we went during the convention, we had our badges on.

"DORK Family, party of five. Your table is now ready. Paging the DORK Family."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Do you remember seeing witnesses who lost the card part of the badge and just had the plastic shell with the twisted metal thingie?

We get those downunder too!

if we someone in a suit we would pull up and see if they were witnesses or not.

Oh yes! In the land downunder, if you see a guy wearing a suit you figure it's either a real estate agent or a dub!!!

• gumby
    gumby

When did you remove your convention badge card?

1. As soon as I got through the exit doors.

2. In the car on the way home.

LMAO...at the above choices. Man I hated those pokey, sharp edged,badge holders Plus, they made a 1" hole on your nice shirt.Wearing them after the program was over was like you were still "on the clock" as a witness everywhere you went in public. "I must smile and be happy, and be courtious to everyone, as I still have my badge on, and must represent Jehovah well."

That's how the badge made you feel........like an employee of god. I like a good dub wrore mine except when eating as I always caught it with my arm somehow.

Gumby

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    and you had to have a badge to get food? Now that sucked.

Hey! that is terrible . i am glad they never did that here.. Did they have heavy attendants watching the line and condemning those without badges to go hungry all day?? Don't get me ranting about the assembly food or lack therof..

The naffest thing we used to do was to put a sign "Song 62" in the car window.. In the old songbook that song was "We're Jehovah's Witnesses"...Geddit??

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

In NY they use to say that if you saw a person walking down the street with a smile it meant he was a mentally ill or a Jehovahs witness.

• Xena
    Xena

I refused to wear mine to dinner, but I did wait till I got to the hotel room to take it off.

lol at our last assemble we *drum roll here* stayed at a hotel not on the list! We felt soooo naughty!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Ozzie, I took it off when I got outside the convention. At Nassau Coliseum, you have to show your badge just to get free (on a donation basis) parking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit