CO working at Walmart

by the girl next door 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of my life, but 1975 came and went and my money ran out. Thanks Jehovah... And one other thing Jesus tells his followers not be anxious about food, hell I can't eat that crap that birds eat or live outside in bad weather. My butt needs to work in order to eat, this is BS...

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

It is very sad to see so many wasted lives. I know of a younger guy here in Poland who got degreed in Mechanical Engineering (I think HVAC) got a good job in Denmark, married a Danish girl (JW of course), spent a few years there in what has to be one of the best countries on the planet - and then he decided to move back to Poland to pioneer where the need is great. Of course he got a huge amount of brownie points for this - but he had it made!

So sad.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think it is just such a shame that WTS doesn't have a plan for their "Family" of workers.

So sorry, out the door with you. Try Walmart.

• silas hobbs
    silas hobbs

I understand that some might see the big picture tragedy of these former "glorius ones' who are now brought low but I think it might be a matter of Cosmic Karma smacking them .I can thank of more then a few former CO's brought low,, Bro. Peter Michas singing for his supper after he left circuit work due to heart problems,often he told his story of his talent as a budding opera /career given up for the trooth.Bro Spangenberg same thing,, medical problems took him out, only to have to gather crumbs for a living. Bro. Gwaltney now driving a school bus with his wife working the cosmetic counters at Nordstrom. Bro.Baxter ,living now at a KH apt.someone else doing the heavy lifting finiancialy speaking. and many more thwarted in their hope to be princes in all the earth ,men of power.I think they deserve to be where the are now.

Most of these men were not good humans, they abused the little people in the KH, they may have felt they were doing Gods Will,being used by the holy spirit but now it only makes want to spit thinking of how they were treated like mini gods while treating rank and file like dirt.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Don't get me wrong, over the years there definitely were a few "gems" of human beings that were COs. They REALLY did care, and were decent people, but unfortunately, they were not the norm.

I have known a number of them. Without exception the ones I knew were used, abused, chewed up, spit out, thrown to the curb, and many are now just barely active Witlesses.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Some JWs never wanted to work and are lifelong deadbeats.

I would say many.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I've read this string several times with mixed emotions. I can recall a couple of COs we had that I would hate to see having to be a WalMart greeter at 75 or 80 years of age. They were kind, sincere, and compassionate men in contrast to the hardass gestapo-style Company Men we see today. I wish I could live long enough to see this happen to them so I could say "Told ya so, Asshole!"

Unfortunately, I'll probably already have my little piece of "paradise * " by the time they get their "reward".

* Image result for beautiful grave

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There were a few good CO's, as noted, emphasis in few. Any one who is "taken care of" by the society is actually taken care of by someone the org. can find and get to do the work and use their own money.

I joke about WM being my retirement plan; after all we are at least 20 or 30 years into the new system.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

Yeah, maybe the new system came “invisibly”, LOL...Of course, nobody is taken care of by the religion!

These impoverished ex-COs and others are sent to local congregations where the rank & file are hit up for money like they were ATM machines!..This is why I’M glad I’m not there!..Let their so-called spiritual friends and other brown-noses they hobnobbed with give them money.

Good luck to them making their own way in the world that they knocked so much.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Good luck to them making their own way in the world that they knocked so much."

I agree with LongHairGal. I have heard so many CO's, Bethelites or Pioneers talk poorly of those who go for Higher education. Funny thing....they sure like the money that these ones who seek higher education make. They will GLADLY take that!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit