CO working at Walmart

by the girl next door 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

It just took me by surprise. I remember him from a decade or so ago. He came up with gems like, “weddings are for women, they are not necessary.” Also, “if you want to be truly happy, marry an ugly woman.”

I kid you not.

He must be at least 80 years old. Now a greeter at Walmart.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So sad...he was used up by the society (although he probably enjoyed the power trip or position he had).

Now he is cast aside by his "employer" to fend for himself...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That thing stifled true happiness by insisting that one marry people they are NOT attracted to. Not only that, but it absolutely ensures biological and spiritual incompatibility between the two, resulting in children (if any) that are not optimal in health and intelligence. For this, this scumbag deserves whatever financial hardship it gets--probably it insisted that financial hardship was a virtue as well.

You stifle enjoyment of life for everyone else, I can only hope your own enjoyment is ruined. I can only hope this scumbag gets what it deserves--which is destitution. And that, when the dollar becomes toilet paper, that it has zero silver or gold stashed--it would also be embarrassing if, after extolling everyone else to donate to the Worldwide Damnation Fund beyond their means, this thing doesn't follow the same example. As I see it, poverty is a punishment (not a virtue), and this slime bag deserves it.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

It makes me sad. Even when I thought he was a complete ass. Everyone looked at his wife when he said marry an ugly woman. I wondered how she really felt beneath the canned smile. And everyone laughed like he was comedic genius.

Greeting at Walmart. Former CO for the WTBTS. Walmart Greeter. Do active COs have any clue that armeggedon won’t save them? It’s all so ironic. A whole new generation of 50 something COs on a collision course with Walmart.

They may deserve it but it still makes me sad. I wish they could taste the sheer joy and freedom and growth that comes from escaping the clutches of a coercive mind controlling cult.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

At one of the last meetings I was at, there was a talk given by a former C.O who was now, along with his wife, living expense free in the apartment attached to our Kingdom Hall. Their expenses were paid for by the congregation because they had left the C.O work and had become Special Pioneers.

This guy (late 50' early 60's) was tall and husky, wore expensive suits, jewelry, drove a new Volkswagen Passat and looked very much the part of a Corporate Exec. or Governing Body member. He was a pretty good speaker, quite dynamic and all the old ladies were giddy with delight whenever he gave one of his patented talks which were given with much authority and were laced with condemnation of the world and everything about it including it's universities and their worldly wisdom.

A day or two later, I was at Costco and there he was, standing behind a cart handing out cheese samples on toothpicks to passers by. Not that there's anything wrong with that but it struck me as ironic to see this man who a few days previously held a congregation full of people spellbound with his seeming credibility as he spoke in condemning tones about the authorities of the wold, there at Costco handing out cheese samples clad in the same plastic apron and white hairnet as the little old ladies on either side of him.

I saw him sort of flinch and look downward when he caught sight of me but to spare his feelings, I pretended not to see him rather than go over and say hello. I didn't know whether to feel sorry for him because of his seeming embarrassment, or to be impressed at his humility. Then I remembered how harshly he spoke of the "learned" people of the world as if he had some actual authority. I thought of all the young people who he might have influenced with such words, to give up opportunities in their lives.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Exactly. I have nothing against Walmart greeters as well. But it’s all context.

This man literally altered life choices with his perceived prominence as a CO.

Now he is a minor annoyance or pleasure for shoppers.

How many millions wasted possible talents or abilities or qualities being a WT zombie? I venture to say every single one of us.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Wow, he went from slaving for one billion dollar corporation, to slaving for another. At least with Walmart, he MIGHT get benefits.

What a joke. Being a CO is the epitome of being on the "top" spiritually, in JW land. He was practically worshiped by the sheep. His every word was hung onto, and pondered, and dissected as coming from Jah.

99% of COs are haughty, judgemental creeps. They get off on the "power" they have. Even the Elders step all over each other to kiss their asses. Don't get me wrong, over the years there definitely were a few "gems" of human beings that were COs. They REALLY did care, and were decent people, but unfortunately, they were not the norm.

For someone to be a CO, they were "IT". They were the top of the JW food chain. The fact that they need to be working at a Walmart during the twilight of their lives, means they have been truly tossed aside by the BORG.

Where is Jahs blessing? Where is Jah taking care of his own? Nope, its just more proof that the WBTS has lost its way. There is NO spirit there. There is NO blessings from Jah. When COs are tossed aside like yesterdays news, its another nail in the coffin of the WTBS's grave.

• Chook
    Chook

I would love to meet a CO who couldn’t run away. I would inform the ladies beside him that they aren’t allowed at his house to eat cheese. Then tell them he is a hate preacher who only weeks ago told an audience that destruction outside their church is the only solution for out planet. It’s easy to preach hate to right wingers but his coworkers might not be so receptive.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Sounds like he was a Kid Creole fan:

https://youtu.be/v0VpjksjJrw

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life
    Never make a pretty woman your wife
    So for my personal point of view
    Get an ugly girl to marry you
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

"Princes among men"..........greeting people for Wal*Mart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit