Libya to give up WMD!!

by imallgrowedup 44 Replies latest social current

• bigboi
    bigboi

Libya giving up WMDs is moot, imo. The recent problem in the world hasn't been due to rogue states. It's been due primarily to Islamic extremists, that can exist in any country even our own. Remember the 9/11 attackers trained and prepared for their attacks in the USA and Germany.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeru

the only reason Israel still exists as a nation is because it possess WMD.

Oh really? Here are some figures i dug up as of 2002:

Air Force 459 combat aircraft, including 237 F-16s, 73 F-15s and 50 F-4e 2000, with 37,000 air crew

Navy has 53 patrol boats and 4 submarines, with 6,500 effective full-time sailors

some 3,800 combat vehicles, including 1,100 Merkava I/II/III, 800 Centurions, 600 M-60A3, 400 Magach 7, 300 each M-60A1 and M-48A5. This force numbers some 130.000 men. The total, around 173,500 men, can be instantly boosted by 600,000 trained reservists.

It's intelligence agency freely makes use of jews anywhere in world, either through persuasion or coersion.

Plus, it has the world's only super power on a tight leash. You even said yourself, that you would love to see american soldiers fight directly for israel, that what they are doing now isn't enough.

Let's not forget all the israel firsters in the usa: millions of fundamentalist christians, jewish zionists who runn/own newspaper chains, magazine/book publishing companies, tv networks, radio stations, hollywood. Zionist jews around bush, and at top levels of the cia, nsa, pentagon, nasa, etc. That is just the small part of the american picture. Europe and england, are similar. Israel also has heavily invested itself into china, india, pakistan, and south africa.

But without it's womd, all of these recources would not be able to keep israel in existence. Strange.

SS

Ps, Israel third largest world arms dealer

Haaretz

Wed., November 19, 2003 Cheshvan 24, 5764 Israel Time: 11:25 (GMT+2)

Last Update: 19/11/2003 11:25

Israel placed in top five weapons exporting countries

By The Associated Press

With an arsenal ranging from the Uzi to attack drones and airborne early warning systems, Israel has quietly transformed itself into one of the world's top defense exporters.

Defense News has ranked Israel as No. 3 based on 2002 contracts, and an Israeli expert told The Associated Press the country was now considered to be in the top five. Growing sales to Turkey and India, two major new markets for Israel, have driven the surge.

The country's success as a weapons exporter comes against the backdrop of three years of Israeli-Palestinian violence that has stifled Israel's economic development and deepened its isolation.

Until this summer, the Defense Ministry refused to publish statistics on arms sales, although some figures had been provided in background briefings. The subject remains sensitive, especially because of some critics' charges that Israel passes on American military technology to third countries.

Defense Ministry figures show Israeli weapons export contracts were worth $4.1 billion in 2002 - up from $2.6 billion the previous year. Israel's overall exports are around $30 billion.

In June, Defense News ranked Israel 3rd in defense exports, behind only the U.S. and Russia.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

SS -

I've not really posted with you much, so I am not sure about your background. However, I get the impression that you do not think that Israel has a right to statehood. Am I wrong?

growedup

• Satanus
    Satanus

grow

I get the impression that you do not think that Israel has a right to statehood. Am I wrong?

I don't think that i would deny them that. It's their roughshod trampling on others to which i take exception. Their genocide on the indigenous, practically since their beginning in that area.

Do you think palestinians have the right to statehood?

SS

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Ahhh, it seems Bush's plan is working.....

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

SS: Still rewriting history, I see.....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tichi

Nah. Just studying it.

SS

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    I don't think that i would deny them that. It's their roughshod trampling on others to which i take exception. Their genocide on the indigenous, practically since their beginning in that area.

SS

Genocide? Where...when...running roughshod? well...when someone is trying to destroy you completely as a people....let me know how you feel. Do Palestinians have a right to statehood? ONLY when they learn to govern themselves....and take out the terrorists.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

SS -

I definitely think the Palestinians have the right to statehood, just as I believe that Israel has the right to statehood. And as much as I think it childish for me to say so, history shows that the Palestinians were the first to shoot at Israel, which says to me that they've had to fight for the right to exist from the first day of their birth as a nation. I do not like the fact that Israel and the Palestinians fight so much, however, I also get frustrated when I see Israel offer olive branch after olive branch, and the Palestinians refuse to accept it. From personal observation and specific news reports, I've come to believe that the Palestinians truly do not want peace with Israel. They just want them out. And not "out" in the sense of "please leave" but in the sense of "out of existence." Yes, Israel can be aggressive, however, they are provoked on a daily basis. And until the Palestinians can negotiate an agreement that they will actually keep with Israel, I believe that Israel has every right to have WMD to protect themselves.

That said, I do feel for the Palestinians. I can see why they don't like the idea that land they occupied for years one day just up and got deeded to another nation. That has to be very difficult. In fact, I can imagine the anger I would feel if I woke up tomorrow and found out that some treaty gave my home to someone else who lived on my land nearly two centuries before me - without even consulting me! So I have just the smallest inkling of what it must be like for the Palestinians.

For what it is worth, SS, I really wasn't looking to get in a heated debate about this. I was just curious about where you were coming from. Although many on the board may laugh, I believe that this conflict is part of God's judgment on Israel for denying the messiahship of his son. Therefore, I doubt very seriously whether there will ever be peace there, WMD or not, agreements or not, changed attitudes or not, until God wants it.

growedup

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Did you know the Palestinians backed Hitler during WWII?

I say give Israel back all of Samaria..............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit