Rising allegations

by Freedom rocks 34 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Hi does anyone think that with the rise In abuse cases in the uk and the rest of the world and the w5 video as well as many others exposing the organisation that the society might use the loyalty to the organisation as brainwashing to keep people in? They might say its all lies and an attack by Satan and have to stay loyal and not believe any of it. I bet quite a few will leave

• sir82
    sir82

They might say its all lies and an attack by Satan and have to stay loyal and not believe any of it.

They've already done this - Lett called such allegations "apostate lies" in a JW Broadcast back a year or 2 ago.

Very few, if any, will leave solely over allegations of JW child abuse.

The organization mandates shunning of close family, fosters death of its members by banning certain medical procedures, consigns its young to a life of poverty & drudgery by emphatically discouraging higher education, has lied for decades about how "very soon" Armageddon is coming...

...and the organization still grows....more slowly than before, but the numbers still tick up...

So why would "allegations of child abuse" suddenly make such a huge difference?

The organization will slowly, over decades, dwindle. The reasons are varied, and news of child abuse cases are definitely part of the equation, but in itself won't make a huge difference.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

How do you think the society will handle its followers is more what i was meaning? How will they explain themselves? What reasoning do you think they might try to use?

I don't think there'll be a mass exodus but I do think it'll at least wake some more jws up

• sir82
    sir82

What reasoning do you think they might try to use?

"It's all apostate lies".

That's pretty much all the reasoning they will offer, and that will be good enough for 95% of JWs.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The most effective cause of many JW's having their eyes opened initially, (IMO) is when they are personally on the receiving end of maltreatment by their local body of elders. Suddenly the terms "shepherds", "spiritual paradise" and "loving brotherhood" are popped like a bubble and have the same substance - air - and become meaningless.

Then the mind becomes receptive to all sorts of "new lights" regarding the cult. Until then, most JW's will push nagging doubts/serious concerns to the back of their mind.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Will the sun come up tomorrow. The answer here is obvious. Yes, if pressed they'll do what they always do. Of course, the active JWs will do what they always do and bury their heads in the sand. Most everything now is brushed off with a simple "of course the organization is imperfect excuse". Nothing to see here.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Fall guy that's totally true coz that's how i started started waking up, the elders counsel on marriage/abuse totally wasn't fair and didn't make sense

• sir82
    sir82

brushed off with a simple "of course the organization is imperfect excuse".

Yep.

Just at last night's meeting, an elder who is little flaky but usually pretty level-headed, veered way off course in his talk on the "discreet & foolish virgins" to defend "The Organization".

Apparently someone at a door, while he was in field serve-us, dared to question how he could be so loyal to an obviously flawed organization.

The elder, from the platform, grew visibly agitated, eyes flaring, and voice quavering, as he recounted his defense (which was some tommyrot about how "kids still love their parents even when they find out they are imperfect" and "if this organization [meaning JWs] isn't doing God's will, then who is?").

After a few seconds he calmed down again - but you could see how deep the "loyalty" programming is.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Wow he actually said " if this organization isn't doing God's will, then who is?"? That shows his faith in the cult must've been rattled.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, that was his reply to the householder (I wasn't at that door, that's what he said from the platform).

It was funny - he then said "After I asked that question, that finally shut up the householder."

The elder probably thought "Ha! Score! Take that! I win!"

While the householder was probably thinking "OK, I think I'll just back slowly away now..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit