The speed with which I exited!!

by joe134cd 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was just thinking at how quickly the process was from PIMI - PIMO - POMO. I must of spent about 10 years trudging along in the Organization very unhappily. But from the initial stages of learning TTATT to physically walking out the door the process took about 18 months. Trust me I fought this process and every corner. I even sincerely believed I could live in both world simultaneously e.g PIMO while knowing TTATT. I certainly underestimated the process, and this is coming from a person who was in it for 40 years.

I was talking to a fellow apostate who lives locally, and he said he was physically out with in 7 days after reading CoC, and he was in it for 35 years.

So how quickly did the process with you take.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yours is a rather quick exit. "Faders" are what we are typically called if we went through those stages- PIMI - PIMO - POMO. Many many faders are still quite regular in meetings for years. I get it for those wanting to see family members get out, but only if those family members are actually progressing.

For me, personal sanity/happiness and a need to face my demons caused me to make one attempt with my JW wife, then when I saw her not even willing to consider that it wasn't the truth, I faded out really quick. I went from figuring out for sure that it was a dangerous cult in Spring and resigning as an elder in August and ceasing all the recruiting work that same month to actually being 100% gone by the time of the next Memorial. So it was a year total.

But to be fair, I lingered on for 10+ years from the 1995 change in what "generation" meant, which severely bothered me, before I was ready to investigate the religion.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I was still pioneering where the need was great and held three positions in our small congregation.

Now this was in the early 1960's so there was no literature about high control religions.

I thought the blood ban and Armageddon were two really screwed up beliefs and those ridiculous beliefs helped me unravel the whole deal.

It took about 2 years to dig out ..........moving away accelerated our fade.

I actually had four positions I was also the publisher's card servant. I must not have been very good at it cause my publisher's card went missing.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

My journey out (many years ago) was the opposite of most people's by the looks. I was POMI for about two and a half years, albeit in a very unthinking way, I was born-in (never baptised thankfully) and then left out of apathy when I was 18. I spent a couple of years not even thinking about it, and then suddenly realised it was all nonsense.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

It took me 6 weeks.

I started a project to find proper evidence for all I believed. Within 6 weeks I became convinced there is no reason to believe in God, a divine origin of the Bible, and found the JW religion dishonest and despicable.

That last week I appeared on good ol JW on Tuesday, told my wife on Saturday, and never went back to another meeting (thanks to my wife insisting I wouldn't join her to meetings as that would be hypocritical.

Or maybe it took me 30 years...I was born in, always believed....but my heart was never fully in it....as if my subconscious knew something was wrong.

Anyhow, speed isn't too important. Mental health and happiness are.

Some need more time. Some stay PIMO many years too long because they fear their family. In the end it's a big gamble for all of us. Problem is we have just this one life and shouldn't spend too much time trying to please others or spare their cult-controlled feelings on our own expense......

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

Once i started doing my research, it went like this:

1) I first stopped singing kingdom melodies at the KH or saying Amen at the end of their prayers.

2) I would find myself researching and reading threads on this website during the meeting on my phone.

3) After discovering too much about the ttatt, i couldnt bring myself to walk into a kingdom hall anymore and just stop going cold turkey. I was literally disgusted by the lies i had been subjected to all these years of my life.

I was considered exemplary in the cong so it didnt take long before the elders came a knockin'......

all in all started doubting heavily in the beginning of 2015 and was out by june 2015. 5 months

Lostwun

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

After reading stuff on the internet, it took me over 6 1/2 years to become PIMO, and I currently have no plans of going POMO.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

I couldn't imagine still being PIMI as an adult.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Between PIMI and PIMO is a blur, as I can't pinpoint exactly when (if) that happened. I have evidence of not caring about the Jehovah crap from as far as being just a child. From officially PIMO to POMO, I'd say that my process was about 2 years.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

As soon as I found out the WT was all bull shit I was outa there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit