The speed with which I exited!!

by joe134cd 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It started with the 1995 generation change and CoC also. 10 years later the fading started, way too long.

G.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I became pomi with health problems but was celebrating xmas in less than a year after discovering exjw sites. I felt JWs were wrong before having evidence but after reading Crisis of Conscience and Captive of a Concept and meeting a few others locally who had also left all ties with that org. were severed. I don't think they are even aware of my atheism or apostasism as I am shunned for being inactive. This is my 9th xmas :)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It was merely months for me, from discovering an XJW Site, which linked me to this one, it was then less than 6 months before I walked out of the K.Hall for good.

At that point I did not know if my marriage would survive, if I would be DF'd etc etc. My wife and I were both born-in, and in for nearly 60 years !!!

I intended to "slow fade", but once I had discovered the lies I had been fed for my whole life, I was too sickened to ever enter a JW Meeting ever again.

This Site, reading C.of C and much research after leaving brought me to where I am today. A Happy Atheist.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

A couple of years pimo for me so far, for familial reasons. If not for that, I would have went from pimi to pomo in 5 seconds flat.

I'm not sure I will make it to this next memorial though. Its starting to seem pointless.

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

When you sit crying your eyes out, begging Jehovah to save you, and you phone the elders and only get voicemail, you realize you are all alone, and your tears have no value. From there its quite fast.

Just nagging habits and points of view that were programmed, are extremely hard to shake and keep surfacing years on.

• MTSman
    MTSman

Ok, I really enjoy reading post, but sometimes I don’t know what the F everyone is talking about. Pimo, pimi, pimo? What the hell are these acronyms? Can someone please fill me in?

Thanks

• MTSman
    MTSman

Never mind, I figured it out.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

They're types of wine.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am POPO ! ( no not poo poo, Physically Out + Pissed OFF..... that I was ever in).

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

We moved congregations at the beginning of '88 and some time in the summer of that year we realised that the rot was right through the organization and not just a local thing. Partly it was seeing what another body of elders was like and partly finding CoC in the library. We Da'ed in February the following year. We'd never even heard the term fading, there was no internet.

I'm not saying it's right for everyone but it was right for us, we were suffering badly in that religion. We couldn't have taken much more. It sounds dramatic I know but we barely escaped with our sanity. Now, although in the past I've had some doubts about the way we left because I lost my entire family, I know we did the right thing, for us. We never looked back, just moved forwards and although it was very hard work it was worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit