For JWs Lurking Here: This Is How Your Governing Body Are Robbing You

by pale.emperor 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Exactly. Being robbed of time and free labour, donations. They don't even realize it.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    EverApostate

Well I examined my beliefs one by one. We are talking about the early to mid 1960's.

I had married a wonderful JW who I eventually married. One day I realized that I could not deny her nor discourage her from getting a blood transfusion if she needed one. I realize that if she was not capable I would give the order to permit blood. I had always been troubled by this belief........... never saw the point of it. So that was a string that I pulled.

Armageddon was the next. I was out pioneering and there was a parking lot with a few shade trees and I was taking a break and there was a school and it was recess and these kids came running out of the building and they were excited running around playing games. And the thought I had was why did we think only we would be saved and these little kids would be killed? It made no sense to me.

I began to realize that it wasn't the beliefs that allowed me to be JW......... it was the people. I grew up in a great congregation and had many friends there including older one's until I left to pioneer at 18. I thought I pretty much knew what the JW religion was all about. But when you find a loose thread and pull on it....... the whole thing unravels.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You have hit the nail on the head there P.E.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When you analyticalally look at the WTS's overall operational workings over the years, one can see the crooked and devious activity of a religious publishing house and the egregious deeds of real estate transactions.

The publishing activity of the WTS is dramatically slowly down and who knows might even disappear completely one day.

Maybe they will go into the digital Tablet selling business.

So what else does the WTS really have to survive on ?

You guessed it real estate, the WTS probably owns conservatively 3 billion US around the world in total.

How did it achieve that wealth is of course people working for free developing and renovating buildings and donated land.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The way that friggin' nosy elder stands up to listen when those low down sisters dare to have an opinion in the 2018 convention video. The one where the pompous old bag purses her lips and says " whether it makes sense or not I'm gonna support that arrangement".

God I want to throttle them both!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS/JWS has always been a power game for men to languish in .

The WTS has also set up the structure of the corruption of what exists within the JWS organization.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Maybe they will go into the digital Tablet selling business.

I remember when JWBroadcasting came out and entire congregations were flocking to buy a Roku on which to watch it on. My mum was very smug and proud that she was one of the first in her congregation to have one. I believe the elders wives and her all went out together to get one. It was like a sign that you were oh so more spiritual than everyone else because you were watching Stephen fucking Lett in HD with his stupid eyebrows shooting up and down.

So Roku can thank the Watchtower society for the surge in sales when the channel was rolled out.

All it would take is for Watchtower to team up with Samsung or Apple and say that this is their approved device and they'd all buy them.

Are you reading this Bethel lurker? You could do a good deal there and make some $$$.

• skin
    skin
    So what else does the WTS really have to survive on ?

International conventions, the planning of more & more international conventions is a big money earner for Watchtower. And there are a few planned for next year. Only the well off JWs can afford to pay WT for the privilege to travel to the opposite side of the world .

• dozy
    dozy

And what about that nice Bethel in New Zealand? You know - the one the brothers donated for and worked hard to build and "evidently" had Jehovah's blessing? Well - those real estate prices over there look pretty hot so evidently it doesn't any longer so we decided to close it and sell it. We can run things easily from Oz. It's the same country anyway , isn't it? Well - it looks pretty close on the map when we look at it here in New York.

Those good old boys at Elim Pentecostal church put in the best offer ( and we wanted to sell it to a "faith based organisation" - albeit we think it is "faith in Satan" but hey - who's worried about that when the NZ dollar is so strong ) so kerching.... :-)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/manukau-courier/9124458/Witnesses-sell-Elim-buys

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Thanks Giordano

I began to realize that it wasn't the beliefs that allowed me to be JW......... it was the people.

That is a very true statement. And its really amazing you recognized it's a cult, during the time when the internet wasn't there.!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit