Steve Lett doesn’t look well

by Teddnzo 40 Replies latest jw friends

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot, from what I've read here so far, most exes have very low opinions of the GB and their competence and capabilities as managers of both the business and the religion. Do you think that the GB may be the ultimate expression of the Peter Principle? How many people exist at lower levels at Bethel who would be better at the job than the current GB?

• Vidiot
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

One thing’s for sure…

…they spent decades crediting the WTS’s success with “God’s Blessing” instead of the efforts of shrewd lawyers, competent businessmen, and talented creatives.

Sure, it projects the appearance of humility, but do it long enough (whilst insisting everyone else around you do it, too), and you can’t help but start to believe it for real.

Eventually, all the shrewd lawyers, competent businessmen, and talented creatives retire, pass on, or are given the boot for whatever reason, and you’re left with true-believing successors who are far less practical, and make far more ideology-driven blunders.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Vidiot you make some good points about keep saying see how Jehovah blesses us enough and get everybody around you to say it as well and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

I do wonder how many JDubs including the top dogs like Steve Lett are having doubts?

I suspect he knows they are wrong about so many things including 1914, but he just can’t face the truth. This is why Steve is looking so unwell but the plasters on his hands are from vaccine damage inflammation that so many vaccinated people are getting.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"I suspect he knows they are wrong about so many things including 1914, but he just can’t face the truth. This is why Steve is looking so unwell but the plasters on his hands are from vaccine damage inflammation that so many vaccinated people are getting.""

Thiis is what cognitive dissonance can do to someone.

All JW's must have some form of it to varying degrees. The higher you go in the food chain the tougher it must be. That's why he looks so 'rough'.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Those are interesting posts, Vidiot. Perhaps being in the rarified atmosphere of Bethel leads to people really believing that they are God's special people. But it's not just the GB who have to believe it, but everyone in the Bethel circle. The GB members had to believe it when they were lower level Bethelites, and the Bethelites upon whose shoulders they now sit must believe it too. It just goes to show that insular and insulated thinking can be very powerful.

• ChildofGod89
    ChildofGod89

He's a demon anyway, who cares? He killed his nephew with his own tongue and used it as a reference in a watch tower video afterwards. He's evil. It's not the people or the witnesses i'm angry towards, it's the GB who are in charge

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"He's a demon anyway, who cares? He killed his nephew with his own tongue and used it as a reference in a watch tower video afterwards. He's evil. It's not the people or the witnesses i'm angry towards, it's the GB who are in charge"

They know they are. That's why they double down. It's impossible for them to change anything now. Otherwise the entire empire crumbles,, which is not impossible.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Beth Sarim - “…This is what cognitive dissonance can do to someone… All JWs must have some form of it to varying degrees. The higher you go in the food chain the tougher it must be…”

The followers? Sure.

The higher-ups, though?

I’ve actually given this a fair amount of thought, and have actually come to suspect that authoritarian leaders don’t experience it at all.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

And yet, you would think they would suffer from it the most, but they apparently do not. I knew some elders who were long-timers and 101% loyal, even though I later learned that they knew stuff that really should have given them pause. But I think they just walled it off in their mind and forgot about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit