Your thoughts on the new Star Wars?

by Coded Logic 28 Replies latest social entertainment

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

So I've thought for a while now that JJ has the lowest bar to clear in cinema history. All he has to do is make a movie that's not as bad as the prequels. But upon viewing the recent trailers, it looks like he's actually got the "feel" of the originals down. Could this end up being a really good Star Wars movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XNit858b6I

What are your guys' thoughts?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    "The Force Awakens"? When did it go to sleep?
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    It went to sleep after the last of the masters of the force - Obi Wan, Yoda, Emperor Palpatine, and Darth Vader - all died within a few years of each other.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm looking forward to it but nothing will ever capture the impact of the original. Here in the UK we had to wait seven months after Star Wars was released in the States, the hype and expectation were absolutely mental! I was 12 on it's US release date, 13 by the time I saw it with my mates the day after Boxing Day.

No smartphones or internet, so no YouTube trailers, discussion forums or images beyond Studio posters. If you missed a clip or news item on the TV you were out of the loop!

I'll never forget the day a bunch of barely teenage JW nerds queued up for hours at the ABC Cinema in Northampton.

It was the perfect day

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    I just hope there aren't light beams flashing all over the screen like in his Star Trek films.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    nicolau ❤❤love your post
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We never got to see Star Wars as a JW kid growing up!

You know....all that "magic and powers and evil"....

I was an adult before I got to watch any of them!

Stoopid religion.

• Simon
    Simon

It looks like it has the same atmosphere, I'm looking forward to it.

"The Force Awakens"? When did it go to sleep?

Even in the last of the original movies, there were only 2 Jedi left, both in hiding, most people thought they were a myth and even Lord Vader's comrades talked about his "old religion".

So a story set 30+ years later and on a distant planet so it seems plausible that there aren't people using or aware of the force. Few of the clips show anyone using "force powers". The Knights of Ren are using blasters etc... (you need force power to wield a light saber without losing limbs)

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm looking forward to it but nothing will ever capture the impact of the original. Here in the UK we had to wait seven months after Star Wars was released in the States, the hype and expectation were absolutely mental!

Yeah, it sucked back in the days of film because the UK had to wait until the US (English Language) films were available so if a movie was in theaters for a long time it wouldn't be out in the UK for ages and when we did get them they were often worn. Other, non English speaking, countries got theirs way earlier as they were made specially for them.

Now it's all digital and instant you folks back in the old world get to see it at the same time.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My thoughts on the new Star Wars movie?

I love you!

I know!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit