Calling all - PLEASE!!! Big Step For Me.

by Doubtfully Yours 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caligirl
    caligirl

Go and enjoy yourself. I have been to several different churches. I was raised a witness, but even when I was active, I thought the idea that one needed to fear going for a wedding or a funeral was insane. I was not at that time entering them to worship, I was going there for a wedding or a funeral- but then again there were so many things that I was told that never made sense to me and they all contributed to my exit.

I never experienced any kind of peaceful, contented feeling going to the KH. But I can definitely say that I have been moved beyond words at the services that I have attended.

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

Doubtfully Yours,

I write to you as an ex-JW who turned to a form of Neo-Paganism about two and a half years after leaving the Witnesses - and I was a sincere Witness for more than 30 years. I bring up my current spiritual path not to "freak you out," but to hopefully make what I am about to tell you more meaningful and impactful.

For many months after leaving the JWs, I entertained no thoughts of entering any sort of church. It would have been a mistake for me to do so prematurely! Maybe it is too soon for you - only you can really make that decision, and I strongly suggest that you do not force yourself, if you think it would really bother you. On the other hand, if this is a step you think you are ready for, there does come a time when it is necessary to move a little bit outside of your "comfort zone," and try new things.

When the right time came for me, I accepted a friend's invitation to go to church with her - to an interfaith, metaphysically-oriented "community church." I went as an observer only, initially, but soon found myself comfortably participating in all of the activities. Later, when I learned that my personal working hypotheses about how the world works had evolved toward Neo-Paganism, I took the same approach. "I will go and observe, and if anything disturbs me seriously, I can always leave," I said to myself. I did not leave. I stayed, and returned, and found that, in general, what my JW background had given me reason to expect in such congregational settings could not have been further from the truth.

Love and regards,

George

• Maverick
    Maverick

Go, have fun! But please keep your hand OUT of the collection box! Maverick

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I haven't really had opportunity to go into a church yet, but I have watched a couple "demonic" movies like The Sixth Sense, and nothing bad happenend. I also tried to bend spoons and see auras, but wasn't able to get anything. Those demons are wily little critters - it seems that it's pretty hard to find 'em, even when you're looking. I'd say you'll be safe going to the church. Have a good time!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

...bending spoons and seeing auroras?

Ah, bending spoons is easy; all it is is a trick.

Seeing auroras; well, I've met two people who say they can read auroras and they both described my aurora the same way.

That anecdote aside, I think recreational pharmaceuticals are more reliable method; either that or living far north or south enough.

As for Demons; I have to say Demons nowadays are a disappointment. A group of Rotarians is more capable of injecting evil and chaos into the world than demons, from what I've seen, largey because the most significant thing about this 'Demon Haunted World' is there aren't any.

It's all part of the packaging; we tell kids not to touch the stove because it's hot; the kid can go through a phase of pointing at the stove and saying 'hot'. We are taught there are demons (bwahahahaha) and we develop the same fears/aversions.

• waiting
    waiting

Wellllllllllllllllllllll., has anybody heard from the fearing-demon jw-on-the-way-out?

The Stanley Theater (renovated by the NY WTBTS and a beauty) has an amazing image of the Egyptian Rah Sungod all across the top front of the building - original to architecture.

In Indpls, IN, the local JW's bought a large Baptist Temple and renovated it to a turn-of-the-century beauty & used it as a JW convention center.....steeple still standing proudly.

If the demons are in these buildings, they'd still be there when the jw's bought them. Somehow, that doesn't bother jw's at all. Perhaps because it has to do with money?

But a poor local jw - but those damned kids' shoes at a garage sale.....and just don't ya know the demons come out at night thru those shoes.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Whatever you do. Stay away from Catholic Churches.

Most of them drink wine and eat bread. They think that all Christians can go to heaven, not only the 144,000.00 from the twelve tribes.

Their elders, although dressing funny, ask Catholics to love everyone, not only Catholics, and don't tell the members to shun their relatives who leave for other religions. They even go as far as welcoming you in church any time and don't have be watched for months or years.

They usually go for only half hour every Sunday, but are required to go only twice a year to mass.

Most of them don't even use the name Jehovah 50 times per meetings. They worship some stranger whose name is only "god".

They believe in giving charity to all. Have orphanages, hospitals, and soup lines for all.

They believe they should say the truth, even in court. They don't tell you count your hours preaching, not even their priests.

Once a year they put ash in your forehead (probably from burning JW sacrificed people) saying something like "Remember that you are dust and will return to dust"

Even knowing that Jesus was not born on December 25th, they celebrate the birth of Jesus, just because he was born to do good. We should commemorate his death!

Clearly demonic practices. Stay away from them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit