Calling all - PLEASE!!! Big Step For Me.

by Doubtfully Yours 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Demons are manufactured inside your mind; they exist nowhere else. People having "demon problems" are really having mental problems.

What you'll notice tonight, is how beautiful the sense of community is, and how sincerely this group of strangers wants what is best for their children....just like every other person in this world.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

DY, go, as many have said, you need to prove to yourself that the "demons" will not bother you! Tell ya something about me..............I collect tarot cards and do readings from time to time, still haven't had any negative experiences............in fact people who visit my home "love it's cozy feeling".............hmmm maybe they are all demonized too..............NOT!

Terri

• metatron
    metatron

I went to a Unitarian church a couple times. Nice music, no demons ( yawn!)

I read books about channeling and ESP and meditation. No demons have shown up.

metatron

• franklin J
    franklin J

..A building by any other name is just another building... ( paraphrased from; Shakespear? Artisitic license, please)

Go, and enjoy yourself. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Frank

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

hmmm, I've never been a JW and I kind of felt the same way when I was invited to go to a Sunday meeting in the Kingdom Hall. I thought it would be very weird since I heard that JWs were "strange" and weren't TRUE Christians. Ya know what, it was just another building and just another meeting... No big deal... the same will happen to you.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

GO and enjoy : SOME CHURCH ARE REALLY MAGIG ! (just kidding)

I mean ... it's a building ! and sometimes theire are really beautiful !

ENJOY THE PARTY

as A Discovery (exiting hum !) RISK FREE !

• Soledad
    Soledad

there is nothing to be scared of. think of it as another hurdle to overcome as far as leaving the JWs. you wont regret it. I have been attending Catholic mass recently, in a beautiful, famous church. no demons, just a feeling of inner joy and peace.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This is the BIG SECRET the Watchtower never wants it's members to find out. Most churches are full of honest, sincere, welcoming folks. The music and routines will be different, but lovely nevertheless. The bible might even be *gasp* quoted in context.

• Jesika
    Jesika

DY,

I know what you mean about having doubts about going to another church due to being raised a witness myself.

I went to a Catholic Church with a close friend of mine..........I think it was around Easter or something like that. I was just looking around at all the beautiful windows and just the structure in general at first. It was all so different and just breathe taking.

Then I started to pay attention to the ppl there. All in all I survived.......it was different....but it was nice to see "the other side" of what the JW's told me about "worldly churches".

The ppl were very nice and I saw and felt no demons.

I am not a big fan of church personally..........so I didn't go back.......but I have visited many different churches and religions just to see what they are like, and I am still free of demons.

Have a great time............the plays at churches around x-mas time are usually a real treat!!!

Let us know how it goes......

Love,

Jes

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Jesika's post got me to thinking about the first time I went to a church after I got out.

I was in the USA, staying at a teacher's house whilst I was doing a teaching exchange during my Uni' course; Wichita (or Derby to be precise), Kansas, or all places.

He was a ... strange man. Mid-twenties going on forty, only one male friend with whom he shared an obsession with steam-liner and trains... and with whom he had re-dubbed Gone with the Wind (I shit you not) in its entirity in a 'comedic' fashion. It started off with Scarlett wishing there would be a war whilst the twins tell her about a party, and continued in a similar vein.

That was one weird four weeks...

His family were very very Baptist or Methodist, can't remember, and I basically got dragooned by his mother into going to Easter Mass, or whatever they call it; couldn't refuse without being rude.

It was very strange, a precession with banners going down the aisle, very familiar looking 'fellowship' afterwards. I felt like David Attenborough, the British TV presenter, doing some strange anthropological research;

"And here... we see... the dominant male of the troupe... leading a group of other... alpha males... displaying their position... ".

I got that the first time I went to a RC church with my girlfriend. Dutch Roman Catholicism, at least in the South of the Netherlands (unless my gf's church is an exception), seems to be less Catholic than the group within the Church of England who are termed 'Anglo-Catholics'. Not that much in the way of pomp or anything.

But definately no demons!

I have had 'issues' about my gf's innocent and natural (for her) assumption that I wouldn;t mind in the least bit going to Christmas Mass, as it's something of sentimental importance for her. I don't mind the odd trip for a performance or something very significant, but the idea of a once-a-year visit to be expected of me gives me the most massive resentment... seething.

So, we sorted it out. But good luck and enjoy it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit