X-box or play station...

by Panda 32 Replies latest forum tech-support

• smack
    smack

We have sega megadrive, N64, PS1, gameboy, gameboy advance and Gamecube. It's not whats best, it's what you want first. We have a PS2 under the tree.

Game platforms are like peanuts, who can stop at one

Steve

Game on

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

My nephew (he is 20 now) likes X-box a lot. I haven't had either so I can't say from personal experience. He likes to play a lot of sports games and especially basketball with it.

Ron

• Descender
    Descender

Well, I'm in my late twenties. I have the Playstation 2, Game Cube, and the X-Box. The only reason I bought the Game Cube was for the Zelda games, which are really fun, the other Game Cube games just seem a bit young to keep my interest for very long. The Playstation 2 has a huge arsenol of games, my favorites being the most violent, Grand Theft Auto series. The X-Box has some good games and the best graphics along with the best multi-player online setup.

But alas, the game that I play 100x as much as any of the other games is an on-line computer game called Everquest. I've been playing that one on a regular basis for almost 4 years now and it's so addictive I can't stop. But on a good note, it saves me money on buying new games and renting movies.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I would suggest Playstation. They have a better game library and sony is a better developer overall. The only real hit X-Box ever had was Halo.

My 12-year old son has both PS2 and X-box. By far he plays X-box more and Halo is the best game of all time. There are three TVs downstairs, so his friends bring their X-boxs over, they hook them together via the built in network connection and a network box. It's pretty cool to see 12 kids playing Halo against each other at the same time. And supposedly Halo 2 is suppose to be 10 times larger. He also has that Ghost Recon game. Also pretty good but nothing even comes close to Halo. Gamers should get Xbox just for that one game.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I only have playstation 1 but am bying my kids Ps2 for crimbo. I got totally addicted to all the Medal of Honour games, they are da best

Brummie

• Panda
    Panda

Well, now I have finally decided to get playstation for the 11 year old. And I just bet Mr.Panda needs an Xbox (he doesn't really but it'll be my excuse to get one) I noticed that the George Lucas games are for Xbox. Is that because they are played on the net? I really have no idea what I'm talking about ... but in a few weeks I will.. Merry Christmas.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Simon: When Ant gets to his duty station he may be able to kick your butt on X-box Ant and his friends would play Halo until 3:00Am or more in the morning which was great having an 18 year old playing games instead of getting into trouble

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    sounds like if she is young, the playstation is good. The one plus for a playstation my boyfriend tells me is that you can play dvds/movies in it w/o extra accessories. The Xbox requires extra..

That's what my boys don't like. I didn't know it was $30.00 extra to get the adaptor to play dvds. But, they do say the graphics are better. Now, they want the online set-up. My 12 year old is nagging me to death about Halo. Question? What in the world did kids do before game stations?

• berten
    berten

None of both: GameCube

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I really love both the Gamecube and PS2. I have not bought an X-Box because I don't see any of the games as "must haves" that are exclusive to the platform besides Halo. I don't want to buy an X-Box for just Halo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit