X-box or play station...

by Panda 32 Replies latest forum tech-support

• freedom96
    freedom96

From what I hear, X-Box all the way. I have played with my son a few games, and it is pretty awesome.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Actually I have a Playstation2 and a GameCube therez no way I would buy an x-box .. and I love my gamecube much much more than our playstation .. the games are just more fun to play.

monk3y

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

It depends on the person you are buying for really...

I would say 7-13 Game Cube--family friendly games, and now only 100 bucks. Can't play DVDs on them tho, so that's kinda a bummer.

PS2, By far the popular game console. You can play all your PS1 games on it too, a lot more titles, but honestly--the extra titles aren't that great. Any really HUGE titles are going to be released on all three platforms. The graphics are not up to the same level as X-Box as some others have pointed out. Another thing to consider, you have to buy memory cards (X-box has a hard drive) to save everything, and external modem for online gaming. PS2 I would say is most popular with the 14 and up, but definately teens, and casual to intermediate gamers.

X-Box (In my experience working in a gaming store) is most popular with college age players and up especially techie types. People who love to play computer games naturally gravitate to Microsoft. Not as big a catalog as PS2, however, like I said, they have all the really huge titles that get released to all the games. It will just take time for them to release more titles.

Again, all of this is kind of based on the customers I have worked with the past year at my job. I get asked this question all the time PS2 is your safest bet, unless you have a techie computer lover...then would go XBOX for sure.

• Panda
    Panda

You are all wonderful to help me. This gift is for an 11 year old girl. Her friends have playstation so I guess I'll go with that so that she can share games. If it was for myself I would get the Xbox. Someone mentioned the graphics and internet gaming. But I think that since her friends have playstation I'll get that...

Okay now what accessaries???

• Sassy
    Sassy

sounds like if she is young, the playstation is good. The one plus for a playstation my boyfriend tells me is that you can play dvds/movies in it w/o extra accessories. The Xbox requires extra..

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

X-Box. No doubt about it.

• barry
    barry

My 7yo wanted an xbox its under the tree for xmas present but I wouldnt know what is best.Barry

• Simon
    Simon

BTW: Does anyone else on here have XBox live?

If so, we should have a match. I normally play Midtown Madness and Ghost Recon but will be on Project Gotham II soon (when I'm allowed to open my Xmas pressie ! )

Playing against other people is a league ahead of playing against the computer AI, however good the game is and XBox live is very well done.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I bought my boyfriend one for New Years (he doesnt celebrate Xmas).............but he'll have one after Jan

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

We are an X-Box family here. The games are great. I know you can get link cables and connect two xboxes and play 8 player. My son wants 4 tvs so we can have 16 player Halo tornaments.

He plays Halo on it and is hooked

Wait until Halo II comes out. Think it is in April now. I am the only mom around here who plays it. All the kids just call me Halo Mom. Kinda funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit