Moving out!

by iiz2cool 22 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

A few months ago I made a post regarding filing for divorce.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/56710/1.ashx

I was probably putting the cart before the horse, as we were still living together. I recently decided that I've dragged my ass long enough, and today I told my wife I would be moving out. We talked about it for a while, and it looks like our break will be amicable enough. I'm sure she wants this as much as I do. We live very separate lives already, and have nothing at all in common since I left the JW. We have nothing to talk about any more, just arguments the few times we do talk. So I started my move today, and will spend part of the next week getting settled. Now I can finally move on with my life, and put the negativism of the JW behind me!

I'd like to thank all my friends here for the wonderful support they've given me! Love you all!

Walter

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((iiz2cool)))))

You have my support. I'm with you all the way. I can't imagine how hard it would be staying in a "pretend" situation where there was no love (I read your previous post).

We're all here for you.

ESTEE

• Sassy
    Sassy

Ahh Walter. I know this is probably a bitter sweet time for you. I think that in the end it will be a good move for you though.. and you know where your friends are if you need someone to talk to!

I really hope this move will be a positive one for you and help as you say, move on with your life with all strings to the WTS finally cut..

Seek out your happiness Walter.. you deserve it!

~Sassy~ (sns)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I went through the same thing, Walter. I'm a lot happier now. By the time it all ended we didn't even ride in the same car together anymore. He still believes it's the truth. He was raised in it. Funny how things work out: he's the one who is alone and miserable and I am the one happy and content. I wish him all the happiness he can find in his inactive JW world. I mean that sincerely.

I wish you all the happiness and peace you can find. Thank goodness you are out of the org.

Heather

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi walter,

i haven't been around too much lately -- this season is very busy for me.... but rayzorblade told me to watch for your posts some time ago and spoke well of you. that is enough as i totally respect his opinion.

please know that i wish you only the best. i too divorced a jw some time ago after years of pioneering together. in the 20 some odd years since there have been good and bad times, but i never looked back and i NEVER had any regrets. i am now remarried to a most wonderful (never jw) man. life is definitely better.

i wish the same for you.

my best to you, nowisee

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

(((Walter))))

be happy - and do what you need to do, to gain happiness

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Divorce is never easy, even when both are ready to go their seperate ways....But a year from now, you'll probably wonder why you didn't do it sooner....

Good luck with you new life.....

Hugs,

Lisa

• 68storm
    68storm

Hey Walter!,

Don't be shy if you need any help moving, I am not that far from you. I wish you much strenght with your separation. Its never easy, no matter what the circumstance. Anytime you feel like you need company, to raise a pint or two, give me a call.

As you know, I have been at the settling thing for 7 years now, hopefully, it will be much sooner for you. The problem with my situation is two fold, she is not happy with me having half of our assets (Wordly people dont need anything, the big A is soon coming) and deserves all of it and she must indoctrinate our 13 year old. She has no chance of either happening! I will give the money to the courts, rather than her and my son knows more about the jws than she will ever know.

Make sure that you protect your assets. They are ruthless with no scrupels whatsoever! They will break every rule (Whether it be legal or moral.) I would rather deal with Attila the Hun, than the witnesses.

Christians my ASS!!!

I wish you much strenght, my friend,

68storm

• Maverick
    Maverick

Hang in there brother and please don't be a stranger! Maverick

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so sorry to hear what is happening in your life Walter. I believe divorce is more difficult that the passing of a loved one in death.( I have never been through it -divorce)I have walked through the valley of death MANY times!!Try to remember there were good times in your marriage & try to remember "forgive her -she knows not what she does" I have gone through the walk with a LOT of fellows & women who have experienced what your going through- but A68 is very true!!!! I know!!!! when I was a JW thinking,( just thinking) of leaving my "worldly" Husband - the elders TOLD ME to take everything & move out- leave an empty house...They explained that when the big A came he would have nothing anyway...Evil thinking now....But my prayer is with you... I hope you can move out without to much hassle.....(((((((((HUGS))))) You will be able to live life more abundently.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit