He puts it in their hearts

by ThinkerBelle 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

At meeting yesterday a thought came to me - my mind was wandering most of the session as it was so boring - about how the JWs say that God will put it into the hearts of the political leaders to overturn religion at the start of the great tribulation. They also claim this about maneuvered events in the OT too.

JWs also claim that when someone has the right heart condition, they come to find Jah. Such as if they prayed to find him and then a pair of JWs arrive at the door and they become ecstatically joyous that God directed them. Or like the watchtower yesterday about the hand of god helping us supposedly when we pray.

My point: If God - assuming he exists - can maneuver hearts to come to goodness, then why can't he manipulate people to come to love him? Why is he going to make essentially milions of people suffer and experience the pain and suffering of the Great Tribulation if he can just as easily maneuver things for good? I know, I know, free will yadda, yadda. But how is that free will since he only wants to be worshipped by his standards or you end up doomed to destruction?

Just something I was pondering on wondering if this is all a BS scare tactic story doomsday religions like to spout to keep people loyal. 😀

• Divergent
    Divergent

After I discovered TTATT, I prayed earnestly to Jehovah to convince me beyond doubt that this is the truth if it really is. After all, he would know what it takes to convince me as there was no way that I could convince myself anymore. To cut the story short, NOTHING HAPPENED! I proceeded to quit field service, quit attending meetings (I do attend an occasional meeting for the sake of family though), & fade

My believe is that IF there is really such a thing as Armageddon, the JW God has no right to destroy me. After all, I DID pray earnestly to him over & over again, asking him to convince me, but he deliberately chose NOT to do so! A loving & merciful God would choose to find a way to convince me rather than choose to destroy me!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Believing ancient mythology as fact is a human detrimental folly .

The last book of the bible namely Revelation is fictional expressions derived to create power and relevance to a imagined god. ........ that's it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Divergent:

• never a jw
    never a jw
    fee will or no free will that is the question... that the Bible can not answer because it contains the thoughts and writings of a great diversity of people living in different times, with different interests, even different conceptions of God and his will. That's why the Bible is so useful to support any idea, from the greatest good deed to the most evil
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yes Tinker you are right.

On that same line, god has to put it into the minds of the nations to turn on his people??? So god has to take away the Free Will of the nations to do something (they would have not done) attack JWs? god makes people do evil things? Really? How is that just? How does that answer anything? Why not just put it in their hearts to worship god?

• steve2
    steve2

God was quoted as saying, "Let there be light".

We say, "Let there be TTATT".

• Malachi Constant
    Malachi Constant

If you read carefully the Old Testament, in many instances where Yahweh is said to predict something to happen in the future, it is stated or implied that he makes that thing happen. It is even one possible meaning of the name Yahweh.

This way also you and me can predict the future: If there is a banana on a table, predict that it will soon be on the floor, then drop it down and there it is!

For this kind of predictions one does not need to determine the inital state of things or consider possible scenarios or to do complicated calculations. In fact such an analysis in many cases would be impossible, even for a god.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

On that same line, god has to put it into the minds of the nations to turn on his people??? So god has to take away the Free Will of the nations to do something (they would have not done) attack JWs? god makes people do evil things?

This always caused CD in me:

Exodus 7:3

"But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my signs and wonders in Egypt," Then, as a result, in verse 14
    "Then the LORD said to Moses, "Pharaoh's heart is unyielding; he refuses to let the people go.""

Similarly Ex. 9:12

But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses.

(Note: NWT says "allowed to become" "But Jehovah allowed Pharʹaoh’s heart to become obstinate" - but EVERY translation on Biblehub says that Jehovah hardened his heart.)

"Pulpit Commentary

Verse 12. - And the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart. Up to this time the hardening of Pharaoh's heart has been ascribed to himself, or expressed indefinitely as a process that was continually going on - now for the first time it is positively stated that God hardened his heart, as he had threatened that he would (Exodus 4:21). On the general law of God's dealings with wicked men, see the comment on the above passage "

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I remember all the times I prayed incessantly to have Jehovah convince me without a doubt that it was the ''truth''. Nothing happened!!!!!

This is what started nagging doubts!!! Which I could NEVER overlook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit