Is The GB Paranoid? And Should They Be?

by NotFormer 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Phizzy - “…I wonder what you base your conclusion on please?”

Simply the fact that they can keep on doing it without having a nervous fucking breakdown.

• careful
    careful
    they tend to keep within their tightly controlled, protective environment.

Have any of them known anything else?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot: "Simply the fact that they can keep on doing it without having a nervous fucking breakdown"

I wonder how medicated they are?

Bottlegate suggests that Tony may have been self-medicating (that is if all those bottles were for him. Diogenesister made the point that he could have been stocking up for a large party, eg. a major anniversary, which is not outside the realms of possibility).

The GB's medical records would be interesting; does Vidiot's hypothesised "they know it's wrong but believe it's true" situation translate into mental health issues that medication can make "go away" to some extent? We'll never see those, and they still are human beings with a certain right to privacy.

Still, it's interesting to speculate about some future time when the WT bunker is torn down (end of Nazi Germany, Soviet Union and Berlin Wall style) and the files released to historians. I imagine that the mental health of the GB and their administrative circle would make for some interesting theses.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The GB should be scared of their own shadow.

Or a dog chasing it's tail right about now.

• LV101
    LV101
    Paranoid re/safety perhaps but the power/control over the adherents is the aphrodisiac that increases their arrogance. The oppulent, luxurious, lifestyle, compensates for any negatives.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

They are totally brainwashed they believe Jah is speaking thru them.

• Ding
    Ding

I'm looking for the recent quote and citation where the GB said that JWs should be ready to obey any directives they receive even if they don't seem to make sense.

Could someone help me find that, please?

Thanks.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Rutherford and Knorr were "preppers".

Many of GB 1.0 in the 70s went out in service alone in NYC. I remember seeing GB Brother Ganges (sp) doing magazine work ALONE in the subway station in the late 70s. Many GB 1.0 members had "traveling companions" for trips to their local NYC congregations in the 70s and 80s. Prudent, but not paranoid behavior IMO.

I traveled into the fringes of Bed-Sty, a high crime low-income area of Government housing with a WT corporate member/GB "helper" weekly while at Bethel. GB member Ray Franz regularly went in service in a similar area with his Haitian Congregation. Another GB member (Sydlick) had a huge Golden Gloves ex-champ travel with him and his wife to meetings....

"....about 15 million Americans are actively prepping right now. In terms of percentage of households, we are at or about to cross 10% of all households. And just a few years ago, that was 2% or 3%." https://www.cbsnews.com/news/preppers-60-minutes-2022-11-06/

The new Headquarters buildings remind me of a fortified Cult compound. I imagine process servers and Marshals have some difficulty serving papers. :)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The GB are paranoid.

They have to maintain that us vs them mentality.

And maintain it they do.

• blondie
    blondie

2 Timothy 3:12

In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted.

The WTS uses this scripture to show that if jws are doing the right thing, they will be persecuted. They should be rejoicing that the end is near, and this is proof. haha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit