Is The GB Paranoid? And Should They Be?

by NotFormer 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

The GB seems to have a bunker mentality, that they are special, and that the world is out to get them, so they tend to keep within their tightly controlled, protective environment. Bottlegate proved that there is some danger outside of the rarified atmosphere of their echo chamber; you never know when a camera might be trained on you, or that someone might recognise you as being something more than plain old "Joe Citizen".

Further, TM3's new address was quickly found and distributed, and (as I understand it) someone drove to his gated community to tell the security guard that TM3's "ass is grass". It's no secret that there is a lot of hostility focused in their direction.

So, are they doubling down on their isolationism, cutting themselves off further from any ordinary encounters with the outside world that they might previously have had? If so, are they right to do so? Has the world become that little bit more dangerous for them?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Yes and yes. They revealed themselves through their televangelist broadcasts and now they are exposed. No JW's knew them before or could recognize them years ago. Dummies should have continued to hide behind their cloak of anonymity. They have now become Hollywood stars and now can deal with shit that goes along with that.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Bottlegate makes them paranoid about being secretly filmed anywhere even in Bethel by PIMo working thete

• Athanasius
    Athanasius
    Is Tony now living in a gated community?
  • NotFormer
    NotFormer

Same place. Maybe the correct term is HOA. Supposedly this Selena person drove up to someone, somewhere and made the "his ass is grass" statement:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4947526935904256/selena-vertolomo-mower-her-sister-sherrie-call-into-six-screens-time-stamp-2-53

Again "as I understand it". And plenty of people have been saying that the GB should have moved him into a gated community. I just assumed they had in the first place.

HOAs and gated communities aren't much of a thing here.

Sorry if I gave a wrong impression.

Let's go back to the original post with "people know his new address, and many are trying to find out more".

To be quite frank, I would rather not accurately know Tony's living situation, because I don't want to be a party to anything untoward happening to him due to the dissemination of that information. The last thing we want is vigilantes hunting him down for past evil, real or imagined.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

The "bunker" mentality goes back to Rutherford. As a kid in the '60s, I remember public talks about preparing to go "underground" during "persecution and the use of reversible coats. In one talk, a school friend demonstrated his reversible coat and foldable hat on the stage during the hour talk by an Elder.

Bethel had more tunnels than a rabbit family in the 70s.

And of course, we can't forget GB 2.0's bunker fantasy.

• Balaamsass2
  • Athanasius
    Athanasius

Since AM3 seems to have disappeared, my guess is that the GB put him and his family in the "Jehovah's Witness Protection Program."

Perhaps the Watchtower's purchase of property in Lumberton for Tony was a ruse, and they relocated him somewhere else. Argentina?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Athanasius, that's very cloak and dagger, but not entirely unfeasible. After all, with all the suggestions about people in that area to keep their eyes open, presumably Tony spotting, the GB might well have moved him somewhere else when the address leaked. Or they leaked it themselves and he was never there. The intrigue in this case is palpable!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi NotFormer,

The Watchtower organization has changed greatly since Raymond Franz was dropped from the GB. No doubt the GB has sought the advice of outside consulting firms regarding the AM3 matter, and are following their recommendations.

No doubt the GB wants Tony to fade away quietly. Most likely Tony agrees. So why not set up a "Jehovah's Witness Protection Program?" It may come in handy if other prominent JW leaders need to fade away quietly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit