What`s the reason some of you think JW`s are in decline ?

by smiddy3 53 Replies latest jw friends

• gavindlt
    gavindlt

It's on the decline where adherents who claim to have a faith I believe is actually tenuous and extremely fragile.

Most JW's are hanging on because the alternative is more frightening.

The new reality dictates that there is a real depopulation agenda set by the elites to destroy and control humanity.

Covid, the vaccines and lockdowns brought this reality home in a tangible way.

The climate change narrative, the talk about 15 minute cities, digital currency, alien sighting, food supply control, weather control, health control and natural resource control all point to WEF, UN and WHO agendas that can't be dismissed as conspiracy theories any more.

The actual scene of the world is really changing in a dramatic way.

The push for trans-humanism is not fiction. The covid 19 vaccine is evidence of biowarfare and that through the mRNA technology they are bent on changing our very DNA.

AI too is poised to be a massive threat and curse to humanity not a boon.

I think the whole planet sense we are on the brink and this has nothing to do with end time and last day predictions.

I believe not just Jehovahs Witnesses sense and feel this but even with a decline in numbers , in Kingdom Halls, in preaching hours, in bible studies, in baptisms, in printed magazines, in meeting attendance and in loss of faith and conviction they don't know the way out and they feel they have no where to go but to stick.

It's the better of two evils.

Even the world and atheists feel that we are at war and that despite no belief in God their is building evidence and belief that we are deeply involved in a spiritual warfare that is a direct satanic or Luciferian attack on humanity.

The organisation is crumbling from within because it has no biblical basis and the Governing Body are being exposed more and more as orchestrators of outdated doctrine that started as a small lie with few adherents to unsustainable big lies with millions of adherents.

The problem is they can't turn back.

Even the world controlled by an elite agenda can't turn back.

Cognitive dissonance is just not the vulnerability or the weakness of the believers anymore. It's even the achilles heel of the unbelievers.

We are poised on the brink where our very humanity is at risk.

People sense it and the events that are unfolding are unprecedented.

The whole foundation of the Jehovahs Witness belief, it being based on an illusion stemming from their leaders delusion built on a false premise cannot indefinitely be sustained.

It's inevitable and the mere appearance of adherents consolidating together and sticking with the only thing they know through fear is not any indication that it will last.

That's why I feel God must step in because every element and facet that defines our very humanity is at stake.

I don't think Jehovah's Witness can see how deep the rabbit hole goes and their reliance on 8 men who are not wise or discreet exasperates the realisation that they don't know the way out and burying one's head in the sand of blind faith doesn't make this new reality go away.

Even the dumbing down and upping of emotional content has lulled, disadvantaged and disempowered the rank and file JW.

They have lost awareness and are fast asleep, not awake at all.

Thats why they will fail. I don't think they can even see the enemy within or recognise the enemy they without. They actually think it could be apostates.

You can't fight that which you don't believe exists!

• Bribie
    Bribie

No doubt about the fact that the Devil has total control over this world and yes we are on the brink of the Big Event. Sure the GB make mistakes because they are only human and should not be looked up to as some elite superior group with all the correct answers.

God though is in complete control and will deliver those who trust and believe that he is a God that cannot lie! JW’s do have the truth as evidenced by their love and unity and indeed their loyalty. I don’t know of any other Christian group that meets these high standards and remains seperate from this Satanic World.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

By Crikey, the sky is falling!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The Internet has exposed them for the frauds and paedophile lovers the Corporation(m) really is.
  • gavindlt
    gavindlt

I agree with you all!!!

• gavindlt
    gavindlt

I also belief that individuals qualify as faithful and discreet slaves not organised groups. That why I can appreciate your individual perspective!

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree with nicolaou. The religion that I once loved and served has declined and is declining. It truly is not the same religion it was a few decades ago. My now-deceased JW grandfather would be shocked to see what the religion is now.

It used to appeal to intelligent, thinking, reasonable, stable, successful, discerning people, but not anymore. Just in my area alone, I know of eight engineers (5 electrical, 1 mechanical, 1 chemical, 1 civil), two dentists, an attorney, two medical doctors, a college professor with a doctorate, a schoolteacher with a bachelor's degree in physics, and a number of successful business people who became JWs back in the 80's. Also, in the 70's, a number of really smart ex-hippie types came in - the kind who think deeply.

That does not happen anymore. JWdom no longer appeals to such ones. The internet has killed "the truth." If JWdom were what it claims to be, the internet would have been a great asset - a great tool for the advancement of "the truth." Ironically, JWs claim to be lovers of light, whereas the org actually wants/loves darkness. It doesn't want the great light the internet brought. It can't stand up to scrutiny under the light of the internet. It wants to operate under the cover of darkness.

The org preferred the time when information was not readily available or easily attainable. It used to write about how the Catholic Church didn't want the Bible to be available in the everyday languages of the people so that they could be more easily controlled, wouldn't be able to recognize wrongs in doctrine, etc. Well, similarly, the JW leaders don't want JWs and others to be well-informed. They don't want their wrongs, deceptions, failed predictions, outright corruption, looney teachings, etc. of the past to be known. The org can no longer be deeply analytical or doctrinal in its writings because it knows it can be easily challenged now. It has to play it safe now. It is now more of a social or lifestyle religion. The parts of the religion that appealed to the intelligent types of people mentioned earlier are gone.

It really doesn't matter to me what kind of numbers the org reports. The whole "feel" of the situation is different now. The JW "preaching" work is now a lame, puny, faint whisper. So, the whole damned world is about to be violently destroyed? If so, where is the clear, bold warning? Where are the Israelites marching around Jericho giving a great, clear, bold shout?

JWdom is a mere shadow of its former self. It is a sinking ship. Its glory days are over. Its heyday is over. It is flapping at the water trying to keep from drowning. It is no longer proactive; it is now just reactive. It will never again regain the momentum it had in, for example, the 80's. In this 'final hour of the last days' when it should be growing and strengthening, it is weakening. Its presence and appearance and countenance and actions are indicative of sickness.

So, yeah, it's declining.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Bribie said:

JW’s do have the truth as evidenced by their love and unity and indeed their loyalty. I don’t know of any other Christian group that meets these high standards and remains seperate from this Satanic World.

Bribie, due to WT's continual decline this happy-song will soon be ringing in your ears...get use to it:

🎵 🎵 Ding-dong! The Witch is dead

Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
    Ding-dong! The Wicked Witch is dead
    Wake up you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed
    Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead
    She's gone where the goblins go
    Below, below, below

Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out
    Ding-dong's the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low
    Let them know the Wicked Witch is dead! 🎵 🎵

😂😂😂

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MAGNUM:

Yes, I remember those days when the ‘Truth’ sounded feasible.

I also remember some of those ex-hippie ‘deep thinker’ types. But, I have to say they were the most judgmental people in the world! So, I never really liked them. Probably some of them might still be around now hanging on as the Boomer generation. Sorry it all went bad. Sorry about the broken dreams.

I stayed longer than I should have because I was ever-optimistic that things would get better in the congregation. But, I should have left a decade sooner than I did. The 1995 thing was the last straw. It was Over. I’m just Grateful I kept my full-time job.. What a mistake it would have been if I had let anybody in that religion (with their judgmentalism and condemnation) influence me about my life!

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

Excellent comments, Magnum. Some of the most pertinent points to me are:

It used to appeal to intelligent, thinking, reasonable, stable, successful, discerning people, but not anymore.

Of course, some will disagree and claim that most or all JWs have always been unhinged or idiots, but I think what you say is true. Many JWs I grew up around many years ago at least used to enjoy learning, reading fairly challenging and stimulating material and debating with others about Biblical, moral or spiritual subjects. True, not many JWs have ever been in the top sectors of society in terms of graduates and leaders, but there were enough who were at least thoughtful and lucid enough to give some credibility to the society. Today, that's definitely no longer the case.

If JWdom were what it claims to be, the internet would have been a great asset - a great tool for the advancement of "the truth." Ironically, JWs claim to be lovers of light, whereas the org actually wants/loves darkness.

Indeed. Where GB1.0 were cautious and even perhaps suspicious of new technology, GB2.0 probably thought they could embrace it and bring a modern angle to JW life, and possible attract a lot of young new tech-savvy members in. To some extent they have, with a few young go-getters in the Bethels and most city circuits at least have a couple of young ones like that, but what they've got is 'gloss' (TV channel, fancy logo and videos) at the cost of depth (mental, emotional and spiritual), and it's far less attractive to outsiders.

The biggest failing with the increased scrutiny of the internet age has been the failure to apologise for, and turn away from, some of the most bizarre, outdated and extreme aspects of their doctrine and history. If they had been far more transparent around the turn of 2000, they may have seen a dip in members for a few years, but that could have begun steadily recovering if they'd had a proper doctrinal and procedural "reset".

The JW "preaching" work is now a lame, puny, faint whisper. [..] where is the clear, bold warning?

Definitely. In line with the above, it's more as though they are circling the wagons and becoming more insular, rather than opening up and trying to gather as many "honest-hearted, sheeplike" ones in while the time is "favourable", according to their supposed beliefs.

JWdom is a mere shadow of its former self. [...] It is no longer proactive; it is now just reactive.

Agreed, and sadly, the only two ways I can see of the current GB trying to regain the initiative and lift the JW membership, is either with more 'gloss' (like their slick but superficial video productions), or by stoking up the "end times", possibly by hyping "the coming attack on Babylon the Great" and the "preaching of a hailstone message". That will only accelerate their decline, as most people will back away from that and it will only gain them more negative publicity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit