Did anyone else go to this weeks midweek meeting?

by NikL 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It seems to be a safe rule to follow, that prophecy can not be understood by us until it is fulfilled or in the course of fulfillment.”

I am not a meteorologist, but I bet I could give a 100% accurate weather forecast if I wait until a day after it happened.

Rub a Dub

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Nope, didn't go. Here's a question:

Are the GB and Co's and Elders showing faith and humility by DF'ing anyone who points out the WTBTS's mistakes in doctrine? What about apologizing to those brothers and sisters in the 80's who were DF'd for "self deceptive" practices, namely, teaching that the FDS is ONLY the GB; a doctrine that is now "the truth."

Sounds like those "prophets" made an accurate prediction....

DD

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"What about apologizing to those brothers and sisters in the 80's who were DF'd for "self deceptive" practices, namely, teaching that the FDS is ONLY the GB; a doctrine that is now "the truth."

Narcissists will NEVER apologize. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

It was 16 minutes after 8 by the time the study started!

8.37pm is usual? yes!

Unless you're a funny hall, meeting at a funny time....

7.15pm?!

That would make it 8.22pm right?

or 7.00pm!?!?!

That would make it 8.07pm yeah?

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations

Sometimes I think the paragraph could say "we don't know anything, don't provide anything, but we demand obedience and donations", and the conductor would just gloss right over it:

"Now, the governing body says there are two things they don't do, and two things they require, I'd like to get 4 answers here... Young brother Jones?"

"They... don't... know... anything?"

"Right! And sister Smith?"

"The paragraph says they don't provide anything, this could mean counseling, disaster relief, or protection. They don't provide any of those things"

"Thank you sister Smith, and I see your baby has his hand up!"

"JEHOVAH!!!!" (microphone feedback)

(Crowd) "Awwww!"

"Now, what does the governing body require? Sister Rodriguez?"

"Although they don't know anything or provide anything, and they are consistently wrong, they still require donations and obedience"

"Right, lets move along to paragraph 20..."

...And NOBODY would notice. I don't think people pay attention when they read, I don't think they even know what they are commenting, and they are not paying attention at all. I sit in the back and look around, and out of nearly 175 people, maybe 10 are the constant commenters. The rest nod off, doodle on their phones, talk and giggle, etc. I would even be so bold as to say out of those 10 constant commenters, 3 of them use their own words. The rest just read what the yellow marker dictates. Oh, and the ones that use their own words are batshit crazy, with kool-aid leaking from the corners of their mouths.

If you are waiting for somebody to go "ahh-haa! that's bullshit!" it's not gonna happen. The "study" format has become almost hypnotic over the years. Sit down, stare at your book, let your eyes roll over the words gently until you are jarred awake by the end-of-the-meeting song.

• NikL
    NikL
    darkspilver
    darkspilver

Our meeting starts at 7. They are only supposed to be an hour and 45 minutes total.

@

OverlappingGeneralizations

Freaking hilarious!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This "study"commences with a fallacy/lie: " Just as Jehovah progressively revealed truths about the Kingdom in the period leading up to 1914,"

How much of what the WT taught leading up to 1914 is accepted today ? and how much was truth ?

Once the Audience swallows that first bit of mind control, never having thought about the two questions above, they are ripe for being led by the nose straight to the Contribution box.

Poor, unthinking/ non-thinking saps.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Our meeting starts at 7. They are only supposed to be an hour and 45 minutes total.

yeah, so finish at 8.45

5 mins for final song and prayer

3 mins for final review/preview

30 mins for study

therefore study should start at 8.07 and your meeting was running 9 minutes late

• NikL
    NikL

Our meetings almost always run overtime. For whatever reason they can't seem to get it together.

Anyway, yeah I guess 9 minutes late. What I was trying to get at was that we had this video making it late AND extra announcements at the end so the study was really rushed (I kinda liked it by the way but I digress) It literally was 15 minutes.

I wondered if that happened everywhere and speculated that MAYBE they didn't want to dwell on that study and made it so congregations HAD to rush.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The simple question needs to be asked, does God get things wrong or is the governing body getting things wrong. ???????

Because if the premise is that the governing body is directed by God, God has a terrible habit of making mistakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit