As Seen On TV....Have You Ever Tried Any Of Their Products?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie
    Does vinegar help eggs peel easier?
    That means easy peel boiled eggs! Add salt and vinegar to the water before cooking. ... The salt permeates the shell a little bit, and the vinegar helps to break down the shells, making them easier to peel. Cool the eggs in ice cold water for ten minutes.Mar 5, 2018

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Thank you, I'll try it!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I bought the entire Ninja Kitchen System and use it all the time. It is a great buy. Also bought the My Pillow two years ago and it is the best pillow I have ever used. It's everything they say it is.

• LV101
    LV101

TD - appreciate all the great info re/induction motors and thanks to all I have a new perspective on TV products. I wonder if the light-weight Dyson vacuum cleaners (10-12 yrs. ago) that never held up long was because of wrong/inferior motors. I know for fact their hairdryers have issues but they're great when working. Couple hairdressers have returned to manufacturer and received new ones. Hoping mine holds up.

• LV101
    LV101

The My Pillow commercials are endless but after reading HappyDad's post I'm ordering! When we need new appliances, etc., household items, we should just check on this site.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I sometimes shop at the "as seen on tV" stores. Night sunglasses were good.

• LV101
    LV101

How do you find tv stores or you just have to bump into them? I know people that were buying the robot vacs at Big Lots about same time I was ordering high end ones online - you just never know what's out there.

I'd like to do a mystery xmas gift (we draw numbers/$ limit/everyone brings a gift or 2 for one of our groups) made up of couple of 'tv store products' if I find them discounted. Night sunglasses would be wild.

• Listener
    Listener

Now I'm getting Dyson ads popping up.

A couple of years ago I bought a cheaper clean air filter vacuum. It's great but I couldn't believe the amount of air filters that need cleaning once I closely inspected it. Most of them aren't listed in the instructions. It's no wonder they stop working or the suction goes a lot of the time.

I watched a YouTube on cleaning the inside if a sewing machine, again there are places to clean that I had no idea about.

It's well worth looking after stuff if you know how.

• LV101
    LV101

I agree - it's a time-consuming messy job but lots of responsibility maintaining things. The best vacuum around here is the Central vac with all the outlets throughout the house - they build into the house at time of construction but I know people that have added later. I didn't appreciate for years but they're so lightweight and great on the hard stone floors and carpet - have separate handles and attachments depending on type of floor. If you have more than one floor in home good to keep a set of hoses on both floors - I think Home Depot sells the accessories.

• Listener
    Listener

We've got a central vac system and I've never used it, the hose is really long and seems cumbersome. We've got two stories as well. I never thought of buying another hose for upstairs.

I just use an extension cord on the vacuum we've got. I'll have to give the central vac a go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit