As Seen On TV....Have You Ever Tried Any Of Their Products?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

They lie lhg

• Listener
    Listener

Long haired Girl, a cast iron frypan is fantastic as long as it is kept seasoned (oiled) but it is heavy. We went backed to using a strong stainless steel frypan. The trick is to heat it up before cooking and it's great but it does use a bit more oil.

My husband uses the frypan mostly, for bacon and eggs. When we had the non stick pans he still used oil because he said the pan lasts longer and he was right (as usual)😳

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LISTENER:

Thanks, I agree with you. I love my cast iron pan.

It has a handle and an opposing side you can lift...It is heavy and I really need both hands to comfortably lift it. But, I love how it cooks!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

No stick frying pan: now sticks worse than a regular pan

Mini security camera: glitches and had identical construction to cameras you can get on eBay for 5 bucks

Facial hair trimmer: breaks after a year, and a no name drug store trimmer outlives it by years

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I never really believed in any of the infomercials and I would nitpicking all the different scenarios that it wont be useful or wont work. I just know that these are a marketing strategy, a gimmick , click bait if you like, and you are a few pounds/dollars shorter. Also did not have the money just to throw away just to try something. If it is not broken no need to fix it, right!

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I am a hard nut to crack, I have been told. So no one can just talk and sell something to me, No way!

Zing

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Some people like to be sold to for some reason, the experience gives them confidence it seems. But you pay for that.

• blondie
    blondie

I might add that a few of these products are sold in stores like Walmart, Walgreens, etc., locally, at a lower price, much lower.

I purchased one product at Walgreens after seeing it on tv, an alternate for shaving your legs, plucks the hair with a rotating coiled disk. Still have it and I'm still using it.

But I remember Teflon pans, never lasted more than a year. I have cast iron for some pans and and use stainless steel pots/pans for most of my cooking. I have a saute/omelet pan that use for most things, just 2 of us to cook for.

I do check online for reviews and cautions, sites that have no agenda. Reviews by unsatisfied customers.

• tiki
    tiki

We fell once for a hose one...the kind that scrunched up when the water is out...the thing came and was not the size they claimed and the price charged was significantly higher than advertised. It was a total hassle...the 800 number was not real...and the return address bogus. I did end up finding a place to return it along with my letter of scathing indignation. Did find a similar type hose for about half the price from another vendor...it only lasted one season though. So ..... No matter how fabulous the hype I will never fall for those ads again.

• blondie
    blondie

tiki, I would suggest just looking at local stores, specializing in garden equipment. I'm sure there are other expanding hoses for sale. I buy online from Gardners Supply.

https://www.gardeners.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit