question about the go bags.

by goingthruthemotions 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I'm all for preparedness, but the tribulation and armageddon are supposedly worldwide, where the hell are you going to ?

I don`t think Jehovah`s Witnesses have thought that one through,LOL

And what`s the point of meeting in a bunker waiting for the authorities to break the door down ?

Do these people even THINK ?

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

When we were told to prepare go bags it was in case of natural disasters like floods or hurricanes. Armageddon wasn't mentioned at all but straight after the meeting everyone was excited and saying Armageddon must be coming.

Even though I'm no longer a jw my family still have go bags for emergencies.

Are the society getting the jws hyped up about them now saying they're for Armageddon?

• sir82
    sir82

Officially, the go bags are recommended by WT only in cases of disaster preparedness. Not Armageddon or GT.

True.

It's more likely it's the individual JWs themselves who hep themselves up with paranoic fear.

But of course the WTS says nothing to discourage them.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW2mbDVuH_0

Stories told by other religions are just as crazy as the JW,s and their chariots in the sky coming down to protect 25 people in a field.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Are you referring to a colostomy bag? That's a 'go bag' for sure! Is it possible that the WT will soon be selling go bags to jw's as a way to raise money to pay off the newest $35 million law suit?

just saying!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS/JWS is just lying corrupt, fear mongering apocalyptic religious publishing house.

.......and yes this makes dangerous and damaging to humanity on many sociological levels.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

A PIMI (who was at one time close to my family) informed that "the GB wants the R&F start bringing their Go Bags to all of the KH meetings, for the congregations may be instructed that no one will be able to return to their homes. The KHs' doors will be locked due to the GT starting to begin".

If the above is true, what about any other family members who didn't make it to the KH (due to illness or other reasons)? That would mean that the Dubs in attendance couldn't physically check on their household at all.

Again, another scur tactic of WT to keep their sheeple in line. . . . . . . .

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

I would like to thank everyone for the responses! I too am all for preparedness in cases of a natural disaster, and i will admit i am not prepared.

but i have a question for Drearyweather, where are they saying that the go bags are only for disasters? that would be good info.

but, from what my wife is saying, she believes governments will turn on the witness and that will be the sign that the org will have the sheeple get there go bags and go. i don't know where, but it will be by herself only because me and the our sons are not involved in the cult. so she said she will leave us and that we have turned our back on her and her religion.

really scary stuff, so much control.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    from what my wife is saying, she believes governments will turn on the witness and that will be the sign that the org will have the sheeple get there go bags and go.

Yep. This is the start of “the great tribulation”.

The JWs believe when the governments interfere with their worship, it’s as if Jehovah’s eyes are poked....he gets really pissed off and kills everyone (Armageddon).

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

I can see that in US go bags are useful for natural disasters but in UK they are definitely put forward as Amagedon mongering. My aged and physically infirm parents badgered some poor sales assistant in a sleepy Coastal Sussex town for foil blankets and such like.

Don’t know whether to laugh or cry!! I did suggest that given they can hardly make it from their front door to the pavement carrying large boxes of water, tins of spuds and other rubbish maybe a struggle but apparently Jehovah will give them the strength. Haha.

If the GB really believed this crap surely they would stash for whole cong at KH and bunkers. Given aging nature of Congs the every man for himself approach is inhuman And ridiculous. In any other more caring group there would be proper measures in place to protect and help those less frail but then it’s a selfish cult that has never shown charity to anyone in or out. Also if the GB really believed the end was nigh then those PIMI wouldn’t just be given vague cryptic instructions there would be definite plans in place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit