Avoiding Temptation As a Young Elder

by TMS 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gorb
    Gorb

How naive I was, in my jw youth years.

Now, decades later, feeling better then ever with my wofe for 25 years and 2 beautiful teenagers.

And no jw.org in our life.

Gorby

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It's often when we get the 'freedom' to do things that they become less tempting. Forbidden fruit and all.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Either that, or you experience it, and end up wondering WTF the big deal was.

šŸ˜

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

ā€œBut what made it easy for me to resist was imagining the aftermath. I have a vivid imagination, and I could see every detail of how my life would turn into a living nightmare: the guilt, the tension between my wife and me, the uncomfortable conversations until I revealed what happened, and then my wife crying. That's where my imagination always stoppedā€”my wife crying about something like that. An absolute, unbearable nightmare.ā€œ

if you have ever seen the movie by the Farelly Brothers ā€œHall Passā€, there is a scene almost exactly like this, where a married man is asked by the attractive teen-aged baby-sitter if he could buy some beer.

His mind immediately races through all the scenarios: caught at the lake with her by the police, arrested for buying alcohol for a minor, jail, loss of job, divorce, being raped in prisonā€¦

When he gently tries to tell her that ā€œWhile finds her attractiveā€ etc., she recoils in disgust, because she really had in mind buying it for her and HER boyfriend, and EWWW!!!

but I have often had the same imagination when it came to temptation in my life. A good active imagination can be a lifesaver!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Captain Schmideo2: there is a scene almost exactly like this

Found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlO5LT96dQ8

Very funny! And no joke, that's basically how it goes for me!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Little blurry old pic no one will recognise....

No surgery. Little make up, no fillers Botox or any of the awful things women do to themselves these days.

....ok I was a little in love with her..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Who is that? Zendaya?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stephane - ā€œā€¦That's where my imagination always stopped - my wife crying about something like that. An absolute, unbearable nightmareā€¦ā€

I heard that.

Like I said beforeā€¦ most times, I didnā€™t even realize it if/when a woman was expressing an interest, but that kind of scenario still played out in my head from time to time, and it was always fucking horrible.

I guess that just means weā€™re decent(ish) guys. šŸ¤·

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit