Manners and Respectfulness

by IWant2Know 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

TonusOH: people determined to confirm their biases will find that confirmation.

IWant2Know: He pops in from time to time. The avatar issue has been on the backburner for some time. This is just a hobby for him. That it works so well as such should be congratulated.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know

TonusOH said:

The Watchtower organization will find any number of ways to justify their attitude towards those who leave. One way is to focus on those whose behavior they think is easy to condemn, even though there are certainly plenty of such examples within the organization itself. Or are people not rude or aggressive or foul-mouthed when they are JWs?

Well, from what I recall, a lot of them are not.

I am 100% certain that if I had browsed this forum when I was PIMI, I would have an endless list of things to object to, which would have fed my view of exJWs and apostates. I would also have found no end of excuses for similar behavior among JWs. Confirmation bias is a very real thing, and it paints our view of the world. Knowing this, I don't worry what the organization or PIMI JWs think about this site.

Well, I partially agree with what you're saying. However, my concern is for those who are POPMI (Physically Out Partially Mentally In). Because for me personally, that was my experience with the organization. And if others who are POPMI are anything like I was, then they would be looking for answers. However, when coming to this forum, they may see a lot of behavior, which seems to confirm and support what Jehovah's Witnesses say about apostates. Even though in all fairness, they would also see a lot of knowledge and helpful answers.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know

NotFormer said:

IWant2Know: He pops in from time to time. The avatar issue has been on the backburner for some time. This is just a hobby for him. That it works so well as such should be congratulated.

Oh, well. It looks like I'll have to get used to the baby-poop green coloring of my avatar. 😵‍💫😉

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I'm not crazy about my avatar, either! 🤣 But it is what it is.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I've had no issues changing mine...

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I was looking in the wrong place for how to change it. Will try uploading something else later.

Thanks meanmrmustard 👍🎄👏🙏

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

IWant2Know: Well, from what I recall, a lot of them are not.

That's true, but it reinforces the point- no JW is going to see that handful as representative of the whole. But they will do the opposite if they happen to read this site or any other exJW forum.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Can you give us some examples of disrespect, orneryness etc. on this forum? Please?

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Lack of manners?

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    MeanMrMustard said:
    I've had no issues changing mine...

So, how did you change yours?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit