Manners and Respectfulness

by IWant2Know 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Don't listen to these guys. It's well known that all exJWs, upon leaving The Truth, adopt a cavalier attitude toward manners.

You know those people on the highway driving 50 mph in the passing lane? You guessed it - ALL exJWs. You know those people "browsing" down the middle of the grocery store aisle, stopping to read the label while prefectly centered so that there isn't enough room to get around on either side? Yup xJWs, all of them. ExJWs develop a compulsion almost immediately to go to the DMV, wait in that horrble line, just to get a vanity license plate that says something like GTN8KED or DZNUTZ5. Have you ever been shopping at a Walmart and suddenly realized you walked through a fart cloud? Well congrats, that was an exJW (almost exclusively. The small exception could be fans of Nickelback)

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"Well, the forum had paused in posting this thread unlike my other threads, therefore, I thought I had said the wrong thing at this forum."

You can only post two new threads every 24 hours. Trying to do it again will only create another identical thread that will appear when the 24 hour curfew expires.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know

NotFormer said:

You can only post two new threads every 24 hours. Trying to do it again will only create another identical thread that will appear when the 24 hour curfew expires.

Ohhhh. Thanks.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know

MeanMrMustard said:

12 hours ago
    Don't listen to these guys. It's well known that all exJWs, upon leaving The Truth, adopt a cavalier attitude toward manners.

Well, with all joking aside, sometimes it seems as if ex-JWs are playing the role that they think they should play... Kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy from what scriptures says about people who stop serving God.

I've even had a friend who was disfellowshipped and he seemed to be, or tried to act as ornery as he could. And I had even faded at the time that I saw him, but he was very mean-spirited and kind of surprised me.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Your friend got suckered into a cult and then had his entire social circle reject him. The general response to something like that seem like angry and ornery...

Regardless of the accountability he might have accepted for being in the cult, it's still pretty justified at being upset, especially at current JWs.

I wonder if the more appropriate question is : who was the aggressor in the situation?

• peacefulpete
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

The other day I was at the grocery store. And sure enough, the automated checkout, used for 20 items or less, was blocked by a lady with two carts full of food.

On a hunch (because all exjws ... you know) I asked if she used to be a JW. Of course she was...

Confirmed again.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We're all individuals and have different values. Ex-JWs aren't a hive mind.

Perhaps the fake religion of Watchtower corporation(tm) would imply or say that Ex-JWs are all bad and go off the rails. What balderdash. Life is not that black and white.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    MeanMrMustard said:
    Your friend got suckered into a cult and then had his entire social circle reject him. The general response to something like that seem like angry and ornery...
    Regardless of the accountability he might have accepted for being in the cult, it's still pretty justified at being upset, especially at current JWs.

So, are you implying that some ex's or former JWs are still working through their anger?

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    punkofnice said:
    We're all individuals and have different values. Ex-JWs aren't a hive mind.
    Perhaps the fake religion of Watchtower corporation(tm) would imply or say that Ex-JWs are all bad and go off the rails. What balderdash. Life is not that black and white.

True. But I noticed that there seemed like there was a lot of angry former JWs here at this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit