Things you can not say in "field service" anymore.

by greenhornet 21 Replies latest jw friends

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Media is no friend of JW.org

Too easy to research WTS ever changing teachings.

One teaching that won’t ever change is attacking other faiths so they can always say “where would you go?”

ttwsyf

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BALAAMSASS2:

I also remember hearing that presumptuously stupid statement about ‘getting somebody’s home or property’ after Armageddon. It’s nice to know some moron Witness who was overheard got told off by a resident.

I recall a time I went door to door with a sister. It was an affluent neighborhood. Not millionaire row but above-average. I mentioned how lovely, etc. and the sister said: “they are having their reward in full”.

In my heart I disagreed with her and felt that just because some do well and have nice things, doesn’t mean they deserve to be punished for it. I never begrudged anybody who was well-off or who had more than I did. In my opinion, too many Witnesses were like this… They pioneered and did without and it seemed they hated others who didn’t.

I wondered if they were having their ‘reward in full’ looking down on others with their shunning and secret gatherings!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I wondered if they were having their ‘reward in full’ looking down on others with their shunning and secret gatherings!"

I had a mate I flatted with from the same church. Whenever someone suggested delayed gratification is more biblical, he'd say "I want my reward now!" and he'd grab the last cake or whatever.

As for pioneers being publicly rewarded by God for what they did in secret: Puh-lease! 🙄 Their hours are recorded and published. Everyone knows what they've done and acknowledges how "spiritual" they are . You're totally right, LongHairGal, their reward is in the "here and now", not in the "hereafter".

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I mentioned how lovely, etc. and the sister said: “they are having their reward in full”.

Oh yes, how entitled they feel they are. Sickens me. Our territory was a mix of very modest dwellings and some of the most expensive on canals by the ocean. I remember similar statements said while in the FS work in Naples. So judgemental and superior.

Waves to LHG...so good to see you here after all these years.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DAGNEY:

Nice to see you as well.

Just when I thought I was going to slow down posting - all these new changes in the Witness religion came out.. How could I not comment? That one change about no longer submitting a FS time report affected me personally as I was judged over working full-time. Glad I never listened.

The religion cannot ever be forgiven for engendering hateful attitudes and class distinctions.. Regarding the unkind remarks of JWs we worked with out in service commenting on people’s affluence, all they learned was judgmentalism and hate so this is the fruitage of it.

• Ding
    Ding

People in a legalistic, works salvation system either feel greatly worthy or greatly worthless.

A lot of JWs seem to feel both at the same time, depending on who they are comparing themselves to.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ding - exactly. If you ever remember the talks about the widows mite being enough then in the closing “are you really giving/doing enough? Can you honestly say to Jehober you can’t give any more?” Constant double speak. Jehovah loves you, you’re special, and you are one heartbeat away from destruction.

LHG - same. The FS change was surprising when I heard it, but when I think about their motives as a business/corpoation, it makes perfect sense to not show the decline in hours for all to see. Everything was a measure in the past and where individuals lined up in the measure is how they were judged. We always talked about how unchristian that was. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The Self-righteous, over Judgemental super pioneers/elders/wifes,etc...who made my family's time at the hall miserable and for what? Nothing really? I see some of those super righteous still in Jw land and think to myself, I have a better life since I'm out an they are still in.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

If a householder says "Sorry, I'm a Baptist", is a JW still allowed to say: "I'm sorry you're a Baptist too!"?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

That reminds me...

When an irate householder yelled at one of the old school elderly brothers in my hall, "Why are you here? I have already told you people never to come back!"

He replied, "I thought maybe you died and somebody nice moved in."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit