Things you can not say in "field service" anymore.

by greenhornet 21 Replies latest jw friends

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Many years ago we would be on someone's doorstep, when waiting for the house holder to come to the door we say something like ... Yea after the big A this is going to be my house. Imagine saying that today with the common use of doorbell cameras and the squatting problem

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Not just the things you ''say"" on the doorstep,,,but just being on someones' doorstep & not doing anything.

You know,,, by calling on homes in ""solo"" mode and NOT actually pressing on the doorbell or ""fake"" knocking.

The householder can record some 'creep' just standing at your door not doing anything.

• carla
    carla

Didn't some diehards also 'brush the dirt from their feet' or something like that as well? I forgot some script about that but some did it at the doors when they wouldn't answer or not at home (?)

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

lol. Years ago, we had a car group working in Atherton CA (Huge Silicon Valley Estates).

I remember some JWs talking about "this being my home after the big A"....the homeowner was quietly gardening behind a brick wall and called them on it. They stammered, attempting to reply. :)

I laughed my ass off about it at the coffee shop later.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Uh, BUSTED

• surprised2bhere
    surprised2bhere

A local politician called at my door recently. My grandchild was stood by me. He spoke to her and asked age/ name. I realised how super creepy this is and that if I was an active publisher I would never do that again.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

"Do your parents allow you to select your own reading material"?

• Gorb
    Gorb

Remembering my father in fieldservice, asking "let's finish this block" at the moment I liked to quit and go home.

How terrible it was!

And brother X who drove with us in the car and didn't end a conversation so we had tot wait 40 minutes longer.

Week after week, year after year. A waist of youth time!

G.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'm 44. The last time I went in "Field Service" I was in 8th grade, 1993. However, even back further in the mid-80's I realized what for an utter waste of time this was. Seriously! Even on the weekends, people with children were active and away at sports practices, trips, etc. "Not at homes" were oh so common, and I'm talking about a semi-rural area. As a child I couldn't figure out why the JW's didn't use the media at the time (newspapers, magazines, TV, Cable networks) to Advertise! Advertise! Advertise! God and His Kingdom, as we were soooooo far into the time of the end. (Now I know: It's cult busy-work for the enslaved members)

By the way, that slogan above, should have clued my naive parents into how much of a Publishing Company/Cult this is instead of a legitimate religion. Imagine, calling members/parishoners "Publishers." It reeks of corporate BS!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

No. NO.

The modern ""techy"" area is the kryptonite for the Borg.

The old school ways,,,like that of going door to door,,,,are dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit