How do you feel about Christmas?

by AJN 33 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I celebrated until I was 18 then not until 3years ago. I do find it hard to purchase things early and yes, I still have not gotten my cards out (sorry folks) so my X-mas timing is skewed LOL
    But, I love the lights and that many people become nicer.

I love seeing Thunder in awe at our tree and him buggin me to put it up in October. If you all only KNEW how against Christmas he was ROFLMAO Now he thinks he invented it LOL

I have received some awesome cards and it has meant so much to us.

My son is so excited he finds out soon if he can truly come home. We found if it isn't in writing in the Marine Corp it ain't happening and if it is it still may not :(

I made 15 pounds of cookies and pies spent $85.00 to get it second day aired and the UPS driver delivered it to a complety wrong address 7 miles away at the NAVY base. I am not sure if he and the man that signed it were illiterate or what.(SIGH) So when GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I get my fricken refund (no they won't cover the cost of the cookies etc) I have to bake it all again and send it by US Postal service GOD where will they take it:O

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well, I was not born a JW, but became one when I was an impressionable teenager.

So, for about 8 years: no Christmas.

Then, after I left, I celebrated my first Christmas post-JW in 1984.

It was surreal at first. Because I had gone without it for a significant period of time, and my living circumstances had changed almost 180 degrees.

All in all, it was fine.

I enjoy it, but I can see that it's really 'for the kids'.

This year, it has some special importance to me.

It's great! Lovin' it!

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I've always love the holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Years.

This is my 2nd celebration with my family. I just love it.

Knowing more about the Watchtower beliefs and their origin, I don't think it is pagan enough to just shun it.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

• caligirl
    caligirl

I love it - the decorations, the music, giving gifts. I remember secretly admiring my grandmother's tree whenever we visited around Christmas time, and wishing I could be a part of the family celebration. Now, I am making up for all that I missed! I am so looking forward to establishing family traditions of our own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit