How do you feel about Christmas?

by AJN 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    This year will be my first time celebrating xmas since I was a kid, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll be celebrating with family and good friends.

Walter

Walter, That's virtually the same for me! The tree's purchased, the decorations are about to be unboxed and our first Christmas card arrived - from Canada! - last week!!! Ho-Ho-Ho, we're jolly well going to enjoy Christmas in THIS house! Ian

• anglise
    anglise

We are really enjoying our 3rd xmas after a 20 year absence.

All the decs are up, other half is still tweeking the tinsel as I type. We have a few cards already and my secret santa gift has arrived.

It is really good fun, I just wish that my children where still young enough to get some magic from it, but we are determined to build xmas anew for ourselves.

If anyone would still like an Xmas card please PM me with your addy.

Have lovely time

Anglise

• Teela
    Teela

I love it, I finally get gifts (just from the husband). I put up and decorate the christmas tree. Have sweet revenge on my mother (Dad died) who is now old and lonely and wants us all the have a family "get together" on christmas day. All the rest of the family wants noththing to do with the jws and certainly don't want to have christmas with a mum who stopped us having xmas for 40 years. LOL

Going away this year but usually just hang at the beach, (I live on the beach) and go for drinks/food all over the neighbourhood. Eat myself silly and get rolling drunk requiring a nap by late afternoon.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Unless I am visited by three spirits this Christmas Eve, I will keep my comments about the holiday to myself.

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

I'm celebrating my 20th Christmas this year. I'll be 40 next year. I think I like the decorations and the music more than I do the gifts. I kind of resent having to go into debt each year for gifts, but I do it because of my kids. A secret to divulge: I always sang Christmas carols when I was a kid even though I knew I wasn't supposed to. I was SUPPOSED to leave the room while they were being sung, but my teachers let me stay because I loved them so much, they just didn't tell my mom. I always thought some of the Kingdumb Melodies sounded like Christmas carols.

Anybody else felt the same way?

GH

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I started fading away in 1998, and I still can't get too excited about Christmas. I think it's too commercialized. The lights are pretty, though....but I'm still not pursuaded to hang lights out at my place. Maybe it will take some time for me since I was dragged in the Org. from the time I was seven....30 yrs ago.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Christmas shopping is DONE!!!

And the credit card isn't even maxed out!

Walter

• Prudence
    Prudence

It is awesome!

Prudence

• Panda
    Panda

LUV CHRISTMAS!!!!

And yes it is commercial, but what isn't? This year we've got less to spend but I still look forward to parties and lights and Merry Christmas, man I love saying that "Merry Christmas"

The joy of a mid winter festival like Christmas is in remembering that we need one another ... like no man is an island ... This is my 5th Christmas since de-borging. However, I did celebrate for many years (22) before I was baptised.

• barry
    barry

When I was a kid we allways had a tree from the forest and I allways remember the smell of the pine it allways reminds me of xmas.My wife gets hay fever and we cant have anything but a fake plastic pine tree in the house and its just not the same.

Also even though we have summer at xmas here in Australia we have snow decorations and snow on cards we send people so one of these days I would just like to spend xmas in the snow. Barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit