Please Switch Off Your Critical Thinking

by pale.emperor 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

flipper, not Cayman Isles for the money, I believe Singapore holds the secret millions, ironic as JWs banned in Singapore. Singapore is almost corruption free and any funds there are always safe. Changi Airport in Singapore has a lot of heavies visiting ‘privately’ and not to go fishing or as tourists.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    PE: I don't think we're to expect a Jonestown type suicide (although the blood doctrine is pretty close to suicide).

Way more people have died from the JW/WT No-Blood policy than the 909 that died in Jonestown on November 18th, 1978.

But because those deaths have been spread over time there has been little, to no, public outcry.

Lee Elder has written an interesting article on this. In it, he shares an estimate by one Dr. Muramoto, an AJWRB Medical Adviser, wherein he indicates "that 33,246 Jehovah’s Witnesses died during this 56 year period" from 1961-2016.

I have pasted the link below for the full article:

• Jehovah’s Witnesses and Blood – Tens of Thousands Dead in Hidden Tragedy

http://ajwrb.org/jehovahs-witnesses-and-blood-tens-of-thousands-dead-in-hidden-tragedy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread PE!

To be honest though, I don't think that the GB have thought that far ahead with any grand plan. I think they are just doubling down on "OBEY US" or else stuff. They haven't yet thought of what that actually involves...they are not that bright....

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It could be tithing or moving into compounds.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think they're definitely preparing people for more shrinkage and consolidations and they want people nice and pre-guilted for daring to even think about not liking it. One message I get from this is "it's not if you are reassigned it's when."

With JW broacasting " big mother" is already on their screens and in their lounge rooms so dialing up the "you must be prepared for any eventuality and announcement" makes sense as it keeps people glued to JW broadcast for news. The ultimate clickbait.

The sub-message is harder to identify but continued adjustments of one kind or another is guarranteed.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

The last generation really invested in 1914 is aging fast. The 70 year olds remembered it viscerally since they went through it as adults. Their children remember it in a less specific (but often vivid way from childhood). Their younger siblings and children have nothing to "get over" and aren't invested in it at all.

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

I agree they are going to change something big. However, I do not see how it could be 1914. They are stuck with that. The overlapping generation is based on that. Also, Jesus chose THEM and ONLY THEM in 1918 or 1919 (sorry I can't remember which one). If 1914 isn't true then they were not chosen and it is a fraud, a scam, not true! They say the devil was cast out of heaven at that time and the resurrection began.

In speaking with my dad who now totally shuns me just because I left, he doesn't understand the teachings, not even simple things. He told me that is not important. He is going to obey and get to live in the paradise.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

In it, he shares an estimate by one Dr. Muramoto, an AJWRB Medical Adviser, wherein he indicates "that 33,246 Jehovah’s Witnesses died during this 56 year period" from 1961-2016

ive written about this subject before. here --in the UK--i only know of one death--where blood was refused--and widely reported--in the last 10 years ive been on ex jw sites. ( in this example--the persons injuries caused his death--not the absense of a transfusion )

• cofty
    cofty

I don't think it will be about a change in doctrine, that seems to be of very little importance to the modern GB.

Their rhetoric seems to hint at an organisational change. No doubt it will be motivated by financial concerns but sold to the gullible as 'simplification'. Racking up the selling of k/halls and combining congregations to a degree that really causes inconvenience would fit the pattern.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PALE.EMPEROR:

Good thread and a lot of interesting replies and theories. I tend to think that whatever they do will be about money and/or organizational changes. Some mentioned perhaps people going to live on a compound. 😳I tend to doubt this, but anything is possible with certain zealot personalities. Some Witnesses would look forward to a scenario like this because they are pathetic and never wanted to think or take care of themselves. It’s a step away from an institution, IMO - someone telling them what shoe to put on first.

As far as hall consolidations, this driving 40 miles to another hall is definitely going to cause a drop in attendance in the long run! Are they kidding? Maybe in the beginning, in warmer weather and on Sundays certain ones will go. But, in time this will stop for many!

I’m sure the religion has a surprise up its sleeve but I’m glad I’m not dealing with it. I feel sorry for the gullible rank & file JWs still there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit