Physically In, Mentally Out

by James Jack 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mailman
    Mailman

HI James. Try checking out this site - www.beroeans.net for a different spiritual perspective. There are a lot on this site who are still physically in yet have lingering doubts, those who have opened their eyes and discovered what ails the JW organization.

• smiddy
    smiddy

No James Jack their is a huge difference in the WT publication " Is this Life All Their Is " and what "Wake Me Up Before You JoHo" said which is

"What is The Meaning Of My Life " and i need to emphasise " MY LIFE" here.

What is the meaning of YOUR life away from the manipulations ,fear obligations and guilt that the jehovahs Witness /watchtower religion puts upon you.

And I agree with the previous post if you havent done it already is to apologise to your son and ask for his forgiveness because you were listening not to what the Bible says but what 7 men in brooklyn told you to believe

If your still a Bible believer read again about Jesus and casting the first stone.and forgiveness.

If I havent done so before James Jack a sincere welcome to this forum ,stick around and comment on whatever subject you like we like to hear from new people.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was a physically in, mentally out elder. First thing I did was resign as an elder. If I was going to fade for family's sake, I had to get rid of that hindrance. Well, they did that for you.

Others have mentioned apologizing, getting things right with your son. Do that if you have not. Never let this religion be the cause of family divisions.

As for the rest of your "spiritual journey," I believe that each person must find their own way. See where your reading selection and movies and videos take you.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

You got 1/2 of yourself out - time go get the other 1/2!!!!

• Tight Pants Twinkle Toes
    Tight Pants Twinkle Toes

Greetings JamesJack,

Yes, first step apologize to your son, my son was DF'd 20 yrs. I called and reinstated him he was in stunned silence. He's at our home this moment. Friday night we sat on the patio and smoked cigars and just talked for the first time. We laughed, we cried we cussed we connected. It was fantastic.

Joe maybe right, not sure. I think most of us came to believe the veracity of the bible thought the prism of the WT, now everything, and I mean everything is in question. I'm sure you have done the standard 'get out of jail'reading, C of C by Ray Franz, jw facts, etc. get Lloyd Evans new book ( he needs the help) great read. It will help you unwind your mind.

You got good advise earlier in this post, go at your own speed, but don't waste anymore time than you have to, the Freedom is worth it.

As ' Slick Willy' used to say 'we feel your pain' the difference it we really mean it.

Love to you.

• James Jack
    James Jack

2 Corn. 5:10 has become my favorite scripture, "We will all appear before the judgement seat of the Christ...be repaid according to things he has practiced... whether good or the bad"...

Was under the influence last night and the quotation wrong. It's correct now.

• James Jack
    James Jack

I have apologized to my son, we're good and talk regularly!

• jp1692
    jp1692
    JJ: I read whole the post of "Wake me up" ... I'm planning my exit strategy.

Good to know. I'm glad you appreciated my comments there. What is great about a forum like this is that you are allowed to consider a wide range of different viewpoints. Take them all in, noting in particular the elements which we all have in common. Observe what resonates with you.

You are in a stage of leaving which I call the "What the heck do I still believe?" stage. You've discovered things about your religion which you can no longer believe. Once you start tugging on the loose threads the whole tapestry begins to fall apart. It is a confusing and disorienting place to be. Where before you thought you "had all the answers," now you're not even sure if you know the right questions to be asking.

Also, as with any high-control religion, things are very black and white with little or no tolerance for ambiguity and shades of grey. But in the real world, things are rarely--if ever--so clear cut. It takes time to learn how to deal with uncertainty and to accept that things are not only NOT as we want them to be, but they will never be, at least not completely. But there are some things in life we can control. It is up to us to learn to recognize them and to then have the courage to act and act decisively knowing that not all of our decisions will be the right ones or even good one. But that's okay.

We need to reclaim the control that we handed over to the WTBTS and take responsibility for our own life and our own decisions.

As I have discovered, there is a big difference between religion and spirituality. One is easy as it spoon-feeds you answers (someone else's answers, of course). The other is hard because you have to find those answers for yourself.

I look forward to reading more about your fade ....

BTW, I'm glad to hear that you and your son are all good. He must be a remarkable young man to have forgiven you for your mistreatment of him. Learn from him.

Tight Pants Twinkle Toes

Jp1692

well said!

tptt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit