Double Standards of the Watchtower

by Vanderhoven7 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DOZY:

And then..to boot..after criticizing people for having a career they think they are going to target those same people to contribute money for the people you just described who never wanted to work!!

That’s the biggest reason I’m glad I’m no longer there...I don’t think I would be able to be civil to these hypocrites.

• Incognito
    Incognito

They criticize televangelism, but it's OK for WT to create its own televangelism network.

They criticize other religions for utilizing electronic methods for collecting donations (ATM, CCs, PAP, etc), but it is totally acceptable for WT to install such devices and employ such methods at Assembly Halls and 'convention' venues it operates.

WT claim all donations are voluntary and are not solicited, but then they require donation forms to be submitted to each member family so as to commit a specific amount that family will 'donate' every month.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The Governing body if fiable and humble but don't you ever share your doubts about anything they do or that they say!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I remember hearing talks where other bible translations added comments and illustrations. Now, they do the same with the Introduction to each book. Especially note worthy the place where they say "Governing Body" in Act while the word is never found in the bible.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

They claiming that persecution proves that they have the truth while ignoring all the other religions being persecuted, often, by the same regimes!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The WT teaches...

LOOKING TO AN ORGANIZATION FOR SALVATION IS... IDOLATRY

Watchtower 1990 11/1 p. 26 Our Relative Subjection to the Superior Authorities

"As Christians, we face up to similar challenges today. We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry—be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization."

...and yet the Watchtower Organization hypocritically also says ONE MUST COME TO THE WATCHTOWER ORGANIZATION FOR SALVATION

Kingdom Ministry 11/1990 p. 1 Directing Bible Students to Jehovah’s Organization

"Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the “one flock” Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah’s organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established."

Note: These two contradictory statements above are in the same month.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Not sure where I picked this up:

“HAVING IT BOTH WAYS

a. "When individuals leave the organization for conscience reasons, it is evidence that God is shepherding and protecting the flock by doing a sifting work. When people leave another Christian religion it is evidence that the religion is morally corrupt and unable or unwilling to provide spiritually for their members.

b. When a Christian from another denomination lies, he is acting according to his own disposition being from the father of the lie. When a Jehovah Witness lies, he is proving his loyalty to Jehovah and fulfilling his sacred obligation to engage in spiritual warfare.

c. During times of rapid growth the organization claims Gods approval for the harvest. During times of little or negative growth, the organization prints that this is evidence that the end is near because it appears that the harvest work is almost over.

d. When a Jehovah's Witness is martyred, it is seen as following Christs example and fulfillment of Scripture. When a Christian of another denomination is martyred it is seen as a misguided, albeit admirable exercise in a form of faith but proving false to its Source.

e. When the organization interprets prophecy falsely it is due to man's imperfection and an eagerness to see the new system. When another religious group makes false predictions it is proof that they are a false prophet in fulfillment of Christs words about the presence of many false prophets during the last days.

f. When other Christian faiths experience growth it is because the Devil is misleading the entire inhabited earth. When Jehovah's Witnesses experience growth it is undeniable evidence that Jesus is actively leading and blessing the organization.

g. When other religions are exposed as fraudulent and a menace to society and they lose certain privileges or status within a particular context, it is because God uses the governments as his executioner of justice. When the Jehovah's Witnesses are exposed as fraudulent and a menace to society and they lose certain privileges or status within a particular context, it is because Satan owns all the governments; else how could he have offered all of them to Jesus as a temptation?

h. When the Catholic Church engages in protecting Pedophile Priests by hushing up the matter it is evidence that they are a filthy Harlot. When Jehovah Witnesses don't notify police of charges of child molestation it is because of their willingness to allow Jehovah to handle the matter in his due time;

i. When a Jehovah's Witness is unrepentant he is disfellowshipped., branded unfit for association. When the organization is unrepentant of its sins and people find it unfit for association and contentiously leave, it is because they are full of pride and refuse to wait on Jehovah.

j. When a Christian of another faith celebrates Mothers Day they are following ancient pagan practices and giving undue attention to someone. When Sisters wear a wedding ring which clearly has pagan origins and draws attention to her status, it is evidence of the divinely inspired institution of marriage.

k. When other Churches support the UN it is evidence that the harlot is fornicating with the Wild Beast. When the organization officially agreed to support UN objectives it was because they needed "access to their library".

l. When a different faith-believing relative shuns their Jehovah's Witness family member, it is fulfillment of Christs prophecy concerning the breaking up of families when someone starts to believe in Christ. When a Jehovah's Witness shuns his different believing relatives, whether they believe in Christ or not, it is seen as an action necessary to keep oneself without spot from the world.

Every event in Jehovah's Witness life is seen as evidence that they have the truth and others simply deserve to be destroyed by God.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

Try some of these

One of the reasons is that people are disturbed by what is happening in their churches. Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. Have you, too, felt discouragement, or even despair, because of what is happening in your church? A businessman in Medellin, Colombia, expressed the effect the changes have had on many. “Tell me,” he asked, “how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe ‘new things.’ How do I know the ‘new things’ will be the truth in five years?” (Awake! April 22, 1970, page 8)

In the summer of 1946, I was baptized at the international convention in Cleveland, Ohio. Although I was only six years of age, I was determined to fulfill my dedication to Jehovah. (Watchtower, March 1, 1992, page 27)

BAPTIZED AT SEVEN. Paola, who lives in western Mexico, is being raised by her grandparents. Yearbook 2011, page 58).

Renzo, now eight years old, was baptized at a circuit assembly in Bonaire. (Yearbook 2002, page 110)

Now ten years old, Persis is baptized and is serving as an auxiliary pioneer while in school. (Yearbook 2011, page 54).

Of course, admitting we made a mistake is the right, honest and decent thing to do. But it is more than that. It is also the course of wisdom. For one thing, admitting to having made a mistake is a lesson in humility. This, on the one hand, protects us from the snare of pride, which is ever ready to entrap us. And, on the other hand, the humbling experience of admitting we made a mistake may well serve to make us more careful so that we will be less likely to make that same mistake again. Wisely we are warned: "He that is covering over his transgressions will not succeed [with God], but he that is confessing and leaving them will be shown mercy"—by God and by God’s servants. Yes, the very confessing of our errors will aid us to leave them.—Prov. 28:13. (Awake! February 8, a973, page 4.

“… if we want to be fair-minded, we must be willing to subject our own opinions to continual testing as we take in new information. We must realize that they are, after all, opinions. Their trustworthiness depends on the validity of our facts, on the quality of our reasoning, and on the standards or values that we choose to apply.” (June 22, 2000, page 10)

“You may wisely decide against putting your trust in imperfect men and their fallible predictions and promises.” (Watchtower, March 15, 1966, page 168).

“The Catholic Church occupies a very significant position in the world and claims to be the way of salvation for hundreds of millions of people. Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism.” (Awake! August 22, 1984, page 28).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I remember back when I was still in, years ago, reading the Wikipedia entry on JWs, and one bit stuck out at me...

...where the entry stated that while the WTS had fought hard in the courts for "freedom of speech", they did not practice it internally...

...and to my dismay, I found that I could not disagree.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

JWs readily assume reports of widespread child abuse in other churches are true while rejecting as persecution....reports of widespread child abuse amongst Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit