Double Standards of the Watchtower

by Vanderhoven7 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Some of Jehovah’s Witnesses have been offered employment involving religious buildings or property. What is the Scriptural view of such work?

For instance, from those two questions, one can see why a true worshiper would not be a direct employee of a false religious organization, working for and in a church. Revelation 18:4 sets out the command: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins.” A person would be sharing in the works and sins of Babylon the Great if he was a regular employee of a religion that was teaching false worship. Whether the employee was a gardener, a janitor, a repairman, or an accountant, his work would serve to promote worship that conflicts with true religion. Moreover, people who would see this employee working to beautify the church, keep it in repair, or carry out its religious pursuits would reasonably link him with that religion.

IN THE MEANTIME THE WATCHTOWER CAN SELL THEIR KINGDOM HALLS TO CHURCHES!

The French Speaking Baptist Church of Stratford is now located in the former Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall at 494 Milford Point Road.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses sold the building at 494 Milford Point Road to the French Speaking Baptist Church of Stratford for $400,000 in June 2019.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN7:

What probably goes on now in nearly every single hall:..them asking for money after they knocked and criticized people who had careers.

Now the JWs think they are going to target the very same people for everything..Sorry but I’d never tolerate this garbage...I’m glad I’m not there because there would be some idiot making the rounds and finally slithering up to me with an envelope to give $ for somebody who never wanted to work.

To add insult to injury - this wouldn’t be a one-time thing but a regular thing!!!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The voluntary Catholic confessional to one priest is wrong - he can't forgive your sins.

But the mandatory JW confessional to three window cleaner Elders is OK, because they have the power to accept your repentance or judge you as unworthy of forgiveness.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Over the past hundred years, the WTS has refined the art of double-standardization to a fucking science.

It's become so ingrained in the Org's DNA that I don't think they could stop even if they wanted to.

• TD
    TD

Vanderhoven,

The JWs have at times, condemned people who stood around and did nothing while somebody was assaulted. (e.g. A young woman is stabbed to death in broad daylight.)

However they simultaneously preach what is arguably a form of pacifism, which would prevent anybody from doing anything meaningful.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

So many great additions that I had not thought of.

And what about Watchtower insisting children not salute the flag when WT leaders all sign oaths of allegiance to uphold the US constitution in order to get their travel visas. (got pics if anyone wants documentation)

Also I remember reading on this forum where the WT warned people not to put their trust in princes I.e., men when in the same breath tell the rank and file to trust them since Jesus does.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Picked the following from Reddit

"The Borg use to brag about how they don’t ever ask for donations. They were always criticizing religions who begged for money, looking down their noses at churches who passed the plate around. Then of course, there is Russell’s quote about how when they have to ask for money, it would be time to call it quits, etc. So right about the time I left, I saw this information my PIMI husband brought home from the GB asking people to put them in their wills and they had a list of every possible thing you could give to them on your demise. Things like your life insurance, jewelry, your house, etc."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN7:

Double standards and hypocrisy is something the JW religion is famous for. They should be ashamed but they are not.

The religion morphs over the years like an amoeba changing shape. They figure death, time and people forgetting erases their past mistakes..Presto! Nobody is accountable.

You have people there who think they can be forgiven for anything and that there are no real-world consequences for anything they do. They think a phony brotherhood is going to kick in when they want it.

People preferring the ministry and never wanting to work - imagining those who DID work are going to give them money..are one good example of delusional Witness thinking, in MY opinion!

• Ding
    Ding

JWs aren't following men... just the faithful and discreet slave.

JWs don't have leaders... just men who take the lead.

JWs don't go beyond what is written in the Bible... except when they do, such as with 1914 and other dates.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

BLOOD

Jehovahs Witnesses will absolutely not donate blood.

Yet they will accept blood products, and vaccinations or interferons which may have been made utilizing blood products.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit