Double Standards of the Watchtower

by Vanderhoven7 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Another one, that stings so badly.

From the ministry school book:

Accuracy of Statement
    What do you need to do?
    Impart information that is in complete harmony with the facts.
    Why is it important?
    Accuracy in what you say reflects well on you, the organization with which you are serving, and the God you worship.
    [....]
    Remember to check that the information is up-to-date. Statistics become obsolete; scientific discoveries are quickly surpassed; and as man grows in understanding of history and ancient languages, conclusions based on previous knowledge need to be revised.
    [...]
    Make sure that your use of quotations and statistics harmonizes with the context from which they are taken. In an effort to express yourself forcefully, be careful that “some people” does not become “the majority of people,” that “many people” does not become “everyone,” and that “in some cases” does not become “always.” Overstating matters or exaggerating reports involving number, extent, or seriousness raises questions of credibility.
    When you are consistently accurate in what you say, you will come to be known as a person who respects truth. This reflects well on Jehovah’s Witnesses as a group. More important, it honors “Jehovah the God of truth.”​—Ps. 31:5.
    [...]
    Do research on your subject.
    Check the accuracy of statistics, quotes, and experiences, and use them without exaggerating. Avoid guessing at details that you do not clearly remember.
    • I don't think I need to explain the hypocrisy in this...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I think I should prepare a concise list of WTS double standards from this thread.

• sir82
    sir82

JWs don't have leaders... just men who take the lead.

This one kills me every time.

Sometimes they are bold enough to put these two absurdly obviously contradictory lines in the same @#$%^& paragraph.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Found another one on Winston's channel.

They claim no one knows if a person claiming to be is indeed truly anointed and only Jehovah knows whether they will receive their heavenly reward.

Then state that governing body members who die, such as the late Mr. Barr*, have now received their heavenly reward.

* I'm not claiming this gentleman in particular has not, etc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Vanderhoven7 - "I think I should prepare a concise list of WTS double standards from this thread."

I don't think Simon has that kind of server space. :smirk:

• dozy
    dozy

The Society are fond of quoting the scripture " he who doesn't work shall not eat".

Yet they have absolutely no qualms in people working minimum or zero hours and claiming every state benefit possible in lands where there is a generous social security system , especially if the individuals are pioneers. Circuit overseers living in private accommodation claim full housing benefit to pay their rent.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Double standards ? Speaks out of Both Sides of their Mouth ,sums up the Governing body of JW`s to a tee.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s Witnesses do not have a clergy class ,however in a Court of law they claim clergy penitent ?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

In the Menlo Park KH scandle. They went one step further by saying they were just like the Catholic Church. With a Pope at the top. Incredible

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

When talking about bible studies who are facing opposition from their family for getting involved with the JWs, the July 2009 Awake on page 29 states:

“No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.”

They completely ignore this advice when it comes to people wishing to depart the organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit