Bring on the YOUNG elders

by enoughisenough 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

there seems to be a push to fast track the younger men to become Elders. Beings Jesus was 30 when he took up his ministry, I would think that would sort of be an age gauge...The older men were to have their children in subjection, so some were old enough to have children that were old enough to want to rebel.( that's my slant ) How will the ones who have been JW for years respond to being counseled by those younger than some of their grandchildren?

Besides all JW know what to do to solve their problems: read the Bible, pray, go to meetings, preach and obey the GB.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I guess this is a repeat of a similar push that took place in the late 80's or early 90's, I forget exactly when.

All around the Circuit, and I guess Countrywide, young fellers were made Elder or MS, guys who had been knocking at the door, trying to get the status, for years. This seemed to be as a precursor to forming new Congos. splitting the big ones into two, or three even, then selling off K.H's where they could. This memory comes from before the later operation which got even more K.H's sold off.

This was looked upon with some disdain and suspicion by the older or long serving J.W's, they knew these guys had not been considered up to the mark for a good while, and all of a sudden, the C.O visits, and a dozen new Appointments ? Why didn't the Holy Spirit appoint these guys before ? They had not changed, or suddenly become more "spiritual".

I guess now such appointments are being made because the older Elders and M.S's are no longer serving. But it is pure desperation, and a further dumbing down of the "Religion".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

ARE THERE ENOUGH ELDERS?

NO - w15 4/15 p. 4 par. 3 Elders, How Do You Feel About Training Others?
    more brothers are needed to keep existing congregations spiritually strong and to allow new congregations to be formed.

YES - es15 p. 94 September
    Jehovah certainly has provided an abundance of spiritual men

NO - w14 9/15 p. 3 Are You “Reaching Out”?
    there is a need for more brothers to reach out

YES - w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 16 Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today
    Today, Jehovah certainly has provided an abundance of spiritual men to shepherd his precious sheep

NO - w11 11/15 p. 2 Table of Contents
    There is a need for men who can take the lead in spiritual matters

NO - p. 28 par. 2 Train Others to Reach Out
    there continues to be a need for men to take the lead in spiritual matters. For instance, Christian elders are greatly needed.

NO - p. 32 par. 17 Train Others to Reach Out
    consider the fact that there is a great need for mature men to accept privileges of service in God’s organization

NO - w10 5/15 p. 24 par. 3 Brothers—Sow to the Spirit and Reach Out!
    there is a great need for ministerial servants and elders today

NO - w06 11/15 p. 13 A School Whose Graduates Benefit People Worldwide
    there is an ever-increasing need for dedicated men to reach out for greater responsibility

NO - w01 1/1 p. 9 par. 7 Be Built Up by Love
    there is a great need for more elders

NO - w93 1/1 p. 21 par. 14 Shepherding With Our Grand Creator
    There is an outstanding need for all baptized male Witnesses to reach out for further privileges

NO - w90 4/15 p. 25 ‘Fishing for Men’ in Belize
    There is a great need for mature brothers to take the lead in the congregations.

YES - w80 9/1 p. 21 par. 1 Overseers—Be Fine Examples to “the Flock”
    This fact is recognized by thousands of dedicated, spiritual men who are entrusted with this privilege today

.......then I couldn't be bothered with the flip flops anymore............

• waton
    waton

There are many function in the congregations where age is not an essential asset. They have to give the capable youngsters a meaningful rule among the often boring old guard.

My advice to one of those 21 year olds: "Keep your Christian Innocence" . He is not a "newly converted man", but wt promotion could go to his head. who knows there might be good trojan horses among those not loaded down with wt doctrinal baggage.

• hoser
    hoser

Elders and ministerial servants are less likely to leave the truth. Appoint them young. On the flip side young, inexperienced elders have the ability to wake up others.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hopefully, the numbers of Jobots is decreasing as many wake up.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Elders and ministerial servants are less likely to leave the truth. Appoint them young. On the flip side young, inexperienced elders have the ability to wake up others.

Yes unfortunately it's the lousy elders who get "locked in" by the power and benefits that go along with the position.

The good ones will wake up and leave when they see how wrong /unfair judicials are and the other dark secrets kept from the flock - such as CSA and the cash cow that are conventions/property flips.

They have had periods where young elders, even in their early 20s, were a thing. Most of the congs are women anyways and they've always had to deal with the less experienced telling them which way's up! The only non serving older males will be fed up Pimo husband's, who just want to be left alone😜

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    DSis - The good ones will wake up and leave when they see how wrong /unfair judicials are

That was my story. I hope I was a good one.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I can wait to run into an elder old enough to be my son giving me advice on life and spiritual matters. I would mentally run circles around this guy till he walks away confused. Good laugh.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Fooled - It makes me laugh when young Elders(tm), give sexual advice when all they've ever done is read about it in the Watchtower(tm) or just touched themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit