Chessa Manion: When A Victim Becomes The Perp

by NonCoinCollector 29 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

This is a hard one for me to write and words can't describe my frustration in seeing this. From WBKO News:

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) - Bowling Green Police have arrested two people on multiple charges following a rape.

Police say the victim told them she was kidnapped, raped, and assaulted.

Police also say the rape was recorded by a man named Colton Hogendorn, who was arrested after police found him on 25 Chestnut Street.

Hogendorn is charged with rape first degree, kidnapping, strangulation, assault, sodomy, and video voyeurism.

Police also arrested Chessa Manion, who was present during the events, and arrested and charged with complicity to the same charges.

Both were taken to the Warren County Regional Jail.

So who is Chessa Manion? Chessa Manion said she was sexually abused as a child. Her father wrote to Governing Body Member Stephen Lett to question some of the organization’s policies on child abuse and got a hand-signed response in return. Basically it is the same story many other victims of CSA get from Watchtower.

Manion became an outspoken advocate regarding CSA and is in a couple of documentaries. How she went from that to this is mind-blowing.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

She looks drug skinny compared to her video about WT CSA.

Another blow to the EX-JW activist movement.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Another person permanently damaged by the cult who was probably victimized/brainwashed again by the sicko to the left.. He probably sensed her weaknesses and began manipulating her.

I would like to hear more details about the case. For all we know this is a bizarre love triangle gone wrong and someone decided to call the police and claim a “delayed rape” occurred. People are into extremely weird sexual behaviors at times…

I’m not saying it didn’t happen, and if it did, she has to pay the price. However, she’s obviously damaged and “God’s Organization” played a major role. Whatever the truth is, it’s a sad tale of just how far reaching the effects of childhood trauma can be. Some never escape it.

DD

• Simon
    Simon

Yikes. What is it with exJWs and scandal lately?!?

How sad to go from a victim to the accused ...

Starting to think that focusing your life on your past traumatic experience perhaps isn't the healthiest of things to do.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It seems growing up in a cult many of us become prey to a manipulative and narcissistic types. Having been a victim of CSA, it's possible her sexual boundaries were messed up too. If she has gotten involved with BDSM with an unsafe man it doesn't excuse her if she's guilty. I'm just saying it makes her more vulnerable to emotional abuse and manipulation by sexual predators.

Also as we've said on other threads, just because we reject some of Jehovah's witnesses system of morality doesn't mean that suddenly everything is on the table and that we don't have any sense of sexual morality whatsoever.

I think most ordinary people would concur with 80% of the values JWs hold, actually. Just because we want to reject that 20% that's so toxic, doesn't mean we (particularly as women) don't need to remain careful about the types of guys we allow into our lives.....and our bedrooms.

• silentlamb_silent_no_more
    silentlamb_silent_no_more
    Manion became an outspoken advocate regarding CSA and is in a couple of documentaries. How she went from that to this is mind-blowing.

WTF? How the hell can you go from being a CSA Survivor to this? As a CSA survivor - YOU KNOW HOW THAT HURT FEELS!!!!

Really, really disappointed in Chessa's behaviour! Absolutely awful for the victim. I hope they feel the full extent of the law and the victim gets support.

Chessa - how dare you! As a CSA Survivor I am appalled and feel physically sick! That crime is sickening! It is vomit inducing! Please, don't bring drugs into this. I turned to drugs when I was younger to deal with the abuse and how WT handled it, how they treated me and not once did I ever commit a crime as gross as this, in fact - any crime! Drugs are no excuse. This behaviour is inexcusable! Period!

• Elmer
    Elmer

How do you know that drugs were in play? All we know for sure is that she was arrested. Let’s not jump to conclusions too early…

• silentlamb_silent_no_more
    silentlamb_silent_no_more

How do you know that drugs were in play?

I really hope that is a response to Sea Breeze who had made the comment about drugs in the first place. Whether she did, or did partake in drugs, should not be up for discussion as I have already highlighted in my previous comment. What should be up for discussion is her appalling and sickening behaviour after she knows what she has been through and how her victim would have felt!

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

The investigation continues and more charges are expected.

There is no telling what that could be, but that is a very long list of deeply disturbing charges.

As a CSA survivor - YOU KNOW HOW THAT HURT FEELS!!!!

All too well. There aren't the right words in the English Language to properly vent my frustration.

Yikes. What is it with exJWs and scandal lately?!?

How sad to go from a victim to the accused ...

Starting to think that focusing your life on your past traumatic experience perhaps isn't the healthiest of things to do.

That sums up my thoughts as well.

Vinny Vincent had something to say on the subject without mentioning Chessa's name. It is certainly worth the 11 minutes to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF7Y1HNLue8

• joao
    joao

This is profoundly sad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit