I had a somewhat paranormal experience 2 days ago, but I think science is just light years behind on this.....

by Bad_Wolf 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

Personally I don't believe in paranormal. I have never had anything paranormal happen to me. Even if it did I would chalk it up to some unknown natural thing.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Cofty - I've had other premonitions on both her and my father's death. In the others, dreams prepped me for a future event to immediately take action or be on the watch for it. This was different though, whatever made me check her, also in that dream I was in the future and sent back to change it. My previous dreams had been about their deaths and how they happened to stop it. Also getting the text from my father as it all happened was crazy too.

I think with how time isn't always linear, possible multiverse, etc, premonition type things can be based on that. But once one knows the future or something hinting it, it can change it. Richie Valens and Buddy Holly dreamed of plane crashes as their death. Had it made them decide not to fly in a storm, could of changed it.

The text from my father would be a whole other thing.

The only evidence O have of anything is his text at 2:30 am. And my ex gf in talking to her about the dream this past year.

I had some friends with similar experiences. One girl said she had a nightmare her father died then it happened that night.

Just sharing the experience and wonder if anyone else here has had similar. But I know no answer will come of it nor will any believe who hadn't had a similar one, atleast until science understands more on our consciousness, time, and possibly parallel universes.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think the dream was a fear rather than premonition. Dreams are usually fears or wishes.

But I think checking on your mum was no coincidence. Animals know when we are unwell - fits, cancer etc .....and we are animals. We sense something ...perhaps electrical, perhaps you sensed a change in electrical impulses generated by a change in her breathing. Something, anyway. You spend so much time with a mother you are connected on such a deep level, most of which you are unaware of. Just my tuppence worth, anyway. Very glad she is better!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PHOENIXRISING:

I do believe in the paranormal and had a frightening experience when I was in gradeschool.

But, I can understand other people’s skepticism if they never did.

• cofty
    cofty

I think all adults have occasional dreams about the demise of their parents.

In this case your dream was wrong - thankfully.

With billions of interactions between billions of people every day the most amazing miracle would be if there were not astonishing coincidences.

• tiki
    tiki

I wouldn't call this sort of "sixth sense" paranormal.....we pick up on things sub-consciously. In my life I have learned to go with my gut feeling...that inexplicable sense or drive to do something....

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it's not possible.

Maybe we are spiritual creatures having a physical experience.

Maybe there are no coincidences.

Maybe just maybe there is more out there than the things we can see and touch.

You don 't have to believe in it but maybe just open to the possibility of it.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

My initial thought would be to listen to George Noory on his syndicated show on Coast to Coast AM (originally by Art Bell). The show is on later in the evenings in many cities in the US and Canada. Being a radio show, he reviews and analyzes the thoughts, concerns and viewpoints of those who call in and seek a better understanding of themselves.

George is a master in examining and explaining things that transcend human trends and behaviors with a focus on our own finite existence. He presents many of the thoughts, ideologies and topics that you mention.

Many times there are occurrences and events that we simply cannot deal with on a superficial level. We need to examine out inner thoughts, desires and motivations.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Just a clarification, when I mention paranormal, it would be like magnetism before understood, or other solved mysteries.

I believe there is a logic or later scientific discovery to be made.

Dio- that's a good point and sounds plausible

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

I can not say that paranormal things are not real as I can not disprove every hypothesis. All I can say is extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof. I have never seen any proof that any of this is real. Many people like Uri Geller have made millions off of people who are naive and want to believe when he IMO is a fraud and con man. I can go to vegas and see many shows where people do things that are outside the realm of reality. This is not them doing magic its them presenting things that seem to be super natural. One can not no one can skip the laws of physics. No one can levitate, no one can de-materialize, no one can read minds. So once this is out of the way you can look for more down to earth explanation's. Also there are coincidences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit