Watchtower analysis on Tony Morris

by corruptgirl 51 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

CORRUPT GIRL - Very well written. Great thoughts that hit the nail on the head. You express my same sentiments on this Anthony Morris thing . The hypocrisy is even more glaring when we read the WT quotes you supplied ! Thanks for that.

And to me the HYPOCRISY is the biggest thing in this situation. As I posted on another big thread about this- if Anthony Morris saw another JW he knew purchasing 12 bottles of Scotch Whiskey, do we think he'd be quiet about it ? I highly doubt it. He'd sternly " counsel " any average JW about the purchase and tell the " brother " or " sister " they need some counsel.

But GB members think they are ABOVE receiving ANY counsel. It's a double standard of " do as I say, not as I do " message they send out. It's always been that way. I mean we see this in many examples and areas in life where leaders have too much power. Whether it's religious, political, or leaders of corporations.

The old expression " power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely " is so true in many areas in life. The real trick is getting average JW's to see the hypocrisy. Many of them will give old Tony the benefit of the doubt, even though if the tables were switched, he would have their backs against the wall counseling them in a back room if they did the same thing. I think that's the thing that sticks in my craw and bothers me the most- the hypocrisy. Thanks for your great thread ! Much appreciated ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cofty
    cofty

Corruptgirl - a search of WT index for Luke 12:48 might throw up some more interesting references about the need for elders to be held to a higher standard.

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

Flipper- Yes, at the end of the day it's the hypocrisy of it all!

Cofty- great idea!! 👍

• blondie
    blondie

As to counseling the GB members, I would think only other GB members can counsel another GB member. In the congregation, only other elders can counsel the elders (this doesn't include the CO and headquarters).

• never a jw
    never a jw

Clever hoax?? No, if it were a hoax, I wouldn't describe it as just clever. It would be absolutely flawless and perfect. So perfect that even Tony would think the video was real and he would scratch his head and wonder when he did that.

No Stan, no computer created video, no hoax. I can bet you a grant.

• Olig
    Olig

Following on from days of future passed comment... What if this is a conspiracy to oust him?? Maybe Stephen Lett has just bought a lovely pair of Versace skinny jeans... Maybe Geoffrey Jackson enjoys a bit of alone time with his pillow... Who knows???

Send the guy down for booze and tip off an apostate assassin he's gonna be there... Two weeks he'll be gone and replaced by another slightly less strict member....

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

So how will watchtower handle this thing?

Deny it all as a fake?

Admit it happened shrug shoulders and ignore it?

Admit it happened and offer an apology on behalf of Morris? Fat chance of that.

Or do absolutely nothing?

Which is the best damage limitation exercise?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Stanlivedeath, you're thinking like a Jehovah's Witness. Apostates don't forge old documents, they don't impersonate elites, they just don't. We're apostates. Do you do those kind of things? I don't, and I don't know anyone who does.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Time will tell

• Incognigo Montoya
    Incognigo Montoya

So far the only thing is a letter a GB helper sent in response, basically brushing it off with "unknown" scenarios, and to give Top Shelf Tight Pants, the benefit of the doubt. I suspect they'll not say another word about it and just let it blow over. But I bet we never see Ol Tony in a public setting like that again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit