Apathy trolley chat

by punkofnice 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Carol1111
    Carol1111
    I asked some JW's sitting in the village if they had a bible, but they did not. They were out preaching with no bible! It's like having a plumber call with no tools.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

" Deer in the headlights" - that's a possibly good reaction Punk, it means its a concept that had never occurred to them before so it would have got them thinking ..good one. I know it never occurred to me!!

Someone posted about the flood the other day with " c' Mon...so noone else had a boat except Noah?!!".. Now THAT had never occurred to me either! Doh!

Carol111 LOL!!
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Seems weird they just kept asking you about God after you repeatedly said you didn't believe in him. We were taught to switch straight away to ask why they didn't believe in God and we were able to discuss why God allows suffering, evolution or whatever they said. These guys don't seem to have any training at all do they? I don't think the GB want to recruit anyone except thickies now. They have enough income now, the club's closed.
  • tiki
    tiki
    Is that quote from a wt fo r real!?!?! It is downright hilarious....Too stimulating to consider.....omg.....talk about crazy.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i saw my 20 year old granddaughter at a trolley cart last summer--twice. we live in the same village.

ive never met her--but i knew it was her--family resemblance. i was tempted to go and introduce myself--but i wasnt in the right frame of mind. i cant take too many more rejections.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the last chat I had with two of them last year ( a young married couple mid 20's they seem to do a set day in my town every week) I got onto a couple of subjects primarily the ARC and the fact that "you lot" seemed to be in the news a lot these days because of their child abuse scandal, I also spoke to him briefly about shunning, the problem was I was dropping too many loaded jw jargon and he was listening very carefully and then cut the chat off saying he couldn't speak with me any longer, what irony!
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Stan that is so sad, sorry to hear it. I wonder how your granddaughter would react if you drew your courage and introduced yourself?

Don't give up hope . .

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i have quite a few grandchildren:

4 girls --to my daughter--shes 45 this year.--jw. lives a mile away--never met those 4

1 boy 1 girl--to my older (d/f) son--39---they dont live with him--but with their jw mother. met them once--8 years ago--but they didnt know who i was.

1 boy--born last may--also to my older son. ive put pics on here of me holding that delightful lad

1--or 2 more--to my younger son---37. never met them--not seen him for over 30 years. ( jw--mini servant i heard )

this is what the watchtower does to families.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    I know what you mean Stan.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

What Carol1111 said!!!!! LOL!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit