my story and why I'm here

by little1 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AS IF
    AS IF

Welcome!!

I'm saddened by this seemingly trajic "trend" that seems to be popping up with the witnesses. I too know of someone who has an ex and is seeing someone "worldly" on the side. No one else knows. Like a dirty little secret you said. And what have you done wrong but fall for him, which in itself is not wrong, but what is wrong is the way that you have been strung along. If there have been intimacies between you, and he has been lying about you all along, he is also not telling anyone about that either. He must now keep clean!!

I feel for you, because you are the one that is paying for this fraud. The heart can be a hard thing to protect, and just when you thought it was safe to go into the water again a shark appears. I know this is not what you want to hear, but beleive me and everyone on this board, you are so much better off without the lies and secrets. You obviously deserve better. Take care and let that wound heal. And if he comes around again to cop a feel, ask him if he is going to confess to the elders later!! ha ha he'll probably poop his drawers. Smiles for you.

AS IF

• Faraon
    Faraon

Little1,

Here is another way to do it.

Pass your mouse pointer over the name of the person you want to send a message to on top of the avatar (picture).

You will see a list pop-up: Profile, Send Message, Post History, Topic History.

Click on ?Send Message?

Another window will appear

Write the Subject and your Message

Click the bar under it that reads ?Send Message (I have read the guidelines)?

If you are using the XP Style and scroll to the bottom of your left scroller/column, you will see a box called ?Status?. On the bottom of it you?ll see a little open envelope with the words ?You have 1 unread messages?

Click on it, and you will be able to read your messages. Faraon

• bebu
    bebu

Welcome, Little1! I saw some of your posts on other threads too, and wondered if I'd missed an intro. Glad I didn't.

I was never a dub, but I have a dear friend who is. Funny how interactions with dubs can motivate us to try to look for understanding...

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that this guy could not come through for you; isn't it painful to find out that despite everything that looks so right, the inner part is actually all so wrong? ... And remember: time WILL really help you a LOT.

Hope you'll keep posting! (But watch out for JamesT... (hee hee J/K!) )

bebu

• little1
    little1

Thanks again, guys. Just knowing I'm not the only one helps tremendously. And I've seen many explanations for his behavior (self-righteousness, not believing in luck, etc. not to mention his depression) here. He is a sweet guy and I believe had we met before they got their hooks into him we would have been quite happy. I know he's not happy, but that's his choice. Life will go on and things will only get better for me if I keep my eyes open and my wits about me. My wit, too.

You're the best!

L1

• twizzle
    twizzle

I was referred to your post by someone who read mine. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/63067/1.ashx

I'm not 3 years into this - I cannot imagine withstanding that kind of hell...but I am troubled to no end by the idea of losing him...for all the same reasons you cited. I have more in common with him than anyone I have ever met in my entire life...and the "insta-comfort" levels were way off of the meter. I think I might be a little better off than you were, though. He's not trying to pretend it isn't an issue. But I have been shown how happy I can be and how much I can love someone (though I doubted my ability to do that again) ...then plunged into darkness...all because I am, by JW standards, a non-believer. I take issue with this because I do believe in God. And as far as I am concerned, it is not God who is keeping us apart.

Anyway - I'm glad I'm not the only one, too.

Thanks for sharing your story,

Chel

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are right on the money, twizzle. It is not God who divides, it is the organization. A big, fat wedge in the relationship. I fight it constantly.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Welcome little1 and thanks for sharing your story.

Keep looking, anyone as patient as you deserves someone who will treat both you and your kids with love and respect.

Take care

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Wow, L1, what a story!!!

I'm sorry about your broken heart. Be careful with joining the religion just to still be by his side; in the process, speaking from experience, you'll lose yourself. It's a very stressful lifestyle.

Nurse your broken heart for a while and move on. By reading your story it seems that he's been wishy-washy about the whole religious stuff, perhaps he's been heavily influenced from within. Believe me those influences are pretty strong. But in the end, if he really does love you, it's just a matter of time 'til he comes back to you.

Wish you the best. Be strong.

DY

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Welcome Little 1 and very touching, interesting story.

I can relate to what you're saying since I ended up divorcing my ex-JW wife and ended up marrying a woman who is not a JW.

The comments above are certainly true in that there is an incredible amount of pressure on a person who is connected to the organization (as I still am) and has, it their view, "broken the rules."

I think my own behavior may have been a bit irrational at times but talking to others here and sharing experiences helps take away some of the pain.

Again, welcome Little 1 .... great to have you here.

***** Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit