my story and why I'm here

by little1 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi and welcome Little1.

I can relate somewhat to your story because mine is similar to yours. There is one exception, my friend and I had a platonic relationship. When I met him he hardly stepped foot in the hall, then depression set in and he started studying again and eventually got baptised. I tried to help him by questioning him about old WT teachings which he had no idea about. Then I went to a meeting at the Kingdom Hall and met all of the pioneers and elders that were coaching him through my questions. Not only were they not happy to see me in the hall, but they treated me like crap.

Right after his baptism he started getting sick a lot. I know it was caused from the pressure they put on him. Anyway, he chose the dark side over his non-judgmental non-witness friends.

Devon

• little1
    little1

JamesThomas, you are truly wise! I am trying to reply to your message which I finally located thanks to Simon, but everytime I send I get an error message. Could it have something to do with using a Mac? if I can't get it to work I'll try tomorrow at work on the pc. It's hell being a Mac momma in a pc world. by the way, you look really cute with the sox on your ears! L1

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Welcome to the board!!

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

(((Welcome Little)))) My first ex-husband (yes, I?m a 2 time loser!)

I just had to respond to this - hon, you just believe in LOVE! Nothing wrong with that!!!

• little1
    little1

You all are so great! It helps so much to be around those who understand and have suffered at the hands of the WTS also. To know that I'm not alone means so much. Thanks so much. If any of you are in GA-look me up! You, too, Maverick.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Littleoldfart,

My message box says "0", but I have just discovered three messages from you there.

Will respond soon.

j

• azaria
    azaria

So sorry to hear your story. I get the sense that you’re fairly strong. It seems like when you’ve lost all hope in life, in people, reality sets in and you realize that you are not alone and you pull through it. The people here are very caring. (though I admit I did start to question it a couple of days ago-but it was only because of the grief I was going through, and I’m getting through it, with my belief in God and the people here. I have to say though it’s so nice to have someone similar to me on this forum. We’re about the same age, female, never a witness, I’m separated with 2 children, took graphic and desktop design a few years ago which I loved. Welcome to the Board.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

welcome to the board, little1

The average ordinary person out in the world has no idea how weird the life and culture of a Jehovah's Witness is. If they want to be a witness, fine, then leave the worldly women alone. Stop messing them up and breaking their hearts. I hope you and your children are healing.

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

(((((Dear Little 1))))),

WELCOME to the board!

Christian Love,

AAF

• jgnat
    jgnat

*putting up hand*

Me, too. 'cept my incorrigible romantic heart took one step further and I MARRIED the guy. He did this, even while believing he was sentencing himself to death. A very fine story, little1. By scrolling through the story, I kind of broke it in to paragraphs, so it was not too difficult to read.

Concerned Mama, you make a really good point. Little1 is not the first "worldly" girl to be led on by a wavering JW. XJW guys/girls - can you explain this phenomenon to me? Is this a little sowing of wild oats before they buckle down to the dreaded "truth"? Do you think these romantic partners are sincere at the time? Does the JW lifestyle lend itself to this level of deception? Or are they deceiving themselves just as badly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit