Many Witnesses are just plain tired out!

by UnshackleTheChains 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I believe that many witnesses are tired out or at least tiring out. I know....... because I am tired out!

Imagine going to college for 20 years not knowing when college is finished. Constantly studying the same stuff over and over in the same boring way. Getting no thanks for all your efforts.

Couple that with the age of the internet and all the negative exposure Watchtower is receiving ....enough said.

Though faith is important. Many need their faith. The repressive rules, teachings and routines of the watchtower society sets people up to fail. . Gradually over the years many simply tire out; or in some cases when individuals find they can't jump high enough, they give up.

Your thoughts?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I remember an elder who used to sort of brag from the stage that 'we never graduate from the theocratic ministry school.' At least in part, he helped me begin the process of waking up.

Reminds me of this scene (sorry, couldn't find it in english):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9QwMXj9P9k

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    At least in part, he helped me begin the process of waking up

In regards to waking up. Isn't it amazing how many of us find it so difficult to wake our relatives up and see what we can clearly see.

It reminds me of 'the cave' by Plato. No matter how hard you try, our relatives and friends think we have been overtaken by Satan and they continue to 'look' to the GB.

https://youtu.be/69F7GhASOdM

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

They are friggin' exhausted. Hearing the same old bs meeting after meeting after meeting. Going to the same doors week after week after week. Hell, the most exhausting thing is just saying the word jehovah over and over and over will wear you out!

just saying!

• jp1692
    jp1692

UTC: Imagine going to college for 20 years not knowing when college is finished.

Well, now that they've reduced the mags even more, it'll take 32 years to get that "college education" from reading them.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I remember the line is that "true worship" is refreshing, it's "Satan's world" that is tiring us out.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor
    Is it any wonder so many are depressed in that religion? In my last congregation there were 22 who, by their own admission, were depressed. That's from a congregation of 70.
  • Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

I'm tired, and my family's tired. But no one can say it too loud, for fear of being labeled spiritually weak and under Satan's control. At the AGM one of the GB told of how he travels the world and is so glad to see that the brothers are zealous and not tired out. No wonder, since he is surrounded by the biggest sycophant suck ups who can elbow their way backstage and entertain them after their enlightened talks. They sure won't admit to being tired.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When I was in, I was literally tired and irritated to look up John17:3 from the Bible, every time, when referenced from the podium

In my experience that was the most repetitive verse I had heard in that religion . Everyone knows by heart what that verse is and I would wonder why the heck we need to open the Bible and see it over and over and over...and over . If we don't look it up from the Bible, we are looked upon by suspicion . Oh holy heaven!!!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

TOTLY AGREE!! I said for years, imaging if you went to college to become "something" but the college you choose just never graduates people.

Now Cardiologists and Astrophysicists, are taught and graduate, and go off and do their things as professionals.

So what is SOO HARD about JW teachings that you can never be good enough to graduate?

WHAT A JOKE (that was played on me and millions of others)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit