Many Witnesses are just plain tired out!

by UnshackleTheChains 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Londo111
    Londo111

The organization also loves to blame the individual for being tired out. That person must be doing something wrong, it's not the organization's fault.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I agree. I ran into three different witnesses recently and each one of them were struggling.

One was severely anxious because her jdub husband was "severely depressed he was on needed medication for." One was really tired and "needed a holiday" and one "hadn't been very well" with "sleep problems and indigestion."

I haven't felt this good for years.

• zophar
    zophar

EverApostate 3 hours ago

When I was in, I was literally tired and irritated to look up John17:3 from the Bible, every time, when referenced from the podium

......and now it doesn't even say "taking in knowledge"

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    In my last congregation there were 22 who, by their own admission, were depressed

There is an elderly sister in our hall I try to avoid. She constantly focuses on the gloomy side of life. Because I am considered weak spiritually. She looks at me with her little sad eyes and asks in a very sad voice ' oh how are you? Are you ok? Were you unwell? Yadayada

Then she will continue ...'the system is getting worse' ' you just know that Jehovah's going intervene soon etc etc. The sad eyes getting more intense.

How often I want to tell her I feel absolutely wonderful. I am part of the awake class and am fed up with the BS we are given week in and week out. The only time I feel down is when I am in this freaking hall wishing to get home and that the only reason I am there is purely for social reasons.

• Tallon
    Tallon
    I am part of the awake class ... UnshackleTheChains

Great quote! I'm going to commit this one to memory.

• fulano
    fulano

At one point I had 12 bible-studies. Hour after hour the same stuff from the knowledge book. Explaining hour after hour to semi analfabets. Drove me crazy.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I agree UnshackleTheChains. An old 'friend' got in touch a while ago and I explained I was never going back. Doing everything I was supposed to do as I didn't have children, regular pioneering, left me completely burnt out, exhausted and ill.

She said did someone force you to pioneer? This enraged me, yes I said, every meeting, every Watchtower, every assembly and every circuit visit. Unless you want to spend your life living with guilt and personally I think guilt is the most destructive emotion any human being can feel. This cult has turned guilting people into an art form.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Doing everything I was supposed to do as I didn't have children, regular pioneering, left me completely burnt out, exhausted and ill

Xanthippe

There's an old saying. 'Eaten bread is soon forgotten'

The culture of this organisation is to push and push individuals to do more and more with little thanks or care for their wellbeing.

When you stopped attending, I wonder how many elders and other loving brothers and sisters in your hall came to your home to encourage and thank you for all those years of service you put in!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Unshackle, why can't you tell them that you are just fine? It would encourage others to wake up as well.

I met a 'sister' in the street about a year after I left and she asked me how I was and I said "Absolutely fine," and as if she was expecting me to be ill from leaving the org she said to me, "What are you on? Most of the bros and sisters in the congregation are on anti depressants!"

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    I met a 'sister' in the street about a year after I left and she asked me how I was and I said "Absolutely fine," and as if she was expecting me to be ill from leaving the org she said to me, "What are you on? Most of the bros and sisters in the congregation are on anti depressants

Half banana

A Friend on this forum I had a few pints with told me the exact same thing. He ran into some Witnesses in town a while ago (he faded about 12 years ago). When asked how he was doing by an elder and pioneer, he replied that he had never felt better.

They were 'to say the least' shocked at his reply. They were expecting him to say the complete opposite. 😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit